454 id

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kinada

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Finally managed to pop the hood and of my new truck yesterday. First job is to junk the ****** plug wires. They are arcing out on the headers under load despite the super insulation tape fix by the previous owner. 90 degree ended items should sort that. Any brands to avoid??

You must be registered for see images attach

Second thing, which 454 do I have? I couldn't see a number but I'm probably not looking hard enough. Where should the number location be?

Is it a Tonawanda engine? Does anybody have any experience in building one of these? Are they even worth the trouble? I'm looking for 500-600hp eventually.

I also have 4 random loose wires under the hood to investigate. Everything in the cab works except the temp guage...

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Electrical tape everywhere oh my! :roflbow:

Stay away from the store brand **** ass wires. Not sure if that tape on the vacuum line going to the brake booster is a good thing. Might want to check that out.

Posted From Hell

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
So who is near GA so they can go smack the hell outta that PO for those plug wires? Take away his tool box and his man card !!! :wtf: And he let a vehicle get exported like that? Makes me ashamed to be an American.

Those valve covers are Gen V or Mark VI. Does the motor have provisions for a mechanical fuel pump on the passenger side of the block down low toward the front just under #2 Cylinder on the Passenger side bank? If it does not, then it's Gen V or Mark VI motor. If it does have a fuel pump, it's a Mark IV.

Regardless of what it is, if it's a 454 and is it worth building? Does a Bear **** in the woods??? I don't know about Bears in the UK, but the Bears **** all over the woods here in the USA.

kinada

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
So who is near GA so they can go smack the hell outta that PO for those plug wires? Take away his tool box and his man card !!! :wtf: And he let a vehicle get exported like that? Makes me ashamed to be an American.

Have to say I'm amazed he had been rocking around like that.

Those valve covers are Gen V or Mark VI. Does the motor have provisions for a mechanical fuel pump on the passenger side of the block down low toward the front just under #2 Cylinder on the Passenger side bank? If it does not, then it's Gen V or Mark VI motor. If it does have a fuel pump, it's a Mark IV.

Thanks. I will check next time I'm over at the unit.

Regardless of what it is, if it's a 454 and is it worth building? Does a Bear **** in the woods??? I don't know about Bears in the UK, but the Bears **** all over the woods here in the USA.

Got ya. No bears in the UK though. However, next doors ******* cat ***** all over my garden to make up for it! :dancingpoop:

kinada

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Electrical tape everywhere oh my! :roflbow:

Stay away from the store brand **** ass wires. Not sure if that tape on the vacuum line going to the brake booster is a good thing. Might want to check that out.

Posted From Hell

Will do. Thanks man.

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear

kinada

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size

Mark IV then. Thanks Hotrod. :waytogo:

I believe the 454 was originally in a motorhome. The truck VIN breakdown says it was born with a petrol 6 banger.

dhamp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
Truck Model
R-10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
So who is near GA so they can go smack the hell outta that PO for those plug wires? Take away his tool box and his man card !!! :wtf:

Just give me an address and a bottle of whiskey!! I'll take care of this! :boxing:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Just give me an address and a bottle of whiskey!! I'll take care of this! :boxing:

There you go kinada !!! Mr dhamp at your service. TOADJA !!! We have people around here !!! :rofl:

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
GM Performance or Taylor wires are really good options.

kinada

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size

Very kind of you sir. Do you accept paypal?

kinada

Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
There you go kinada !!! Mr dhamp at your service. TOADJA !!! We have people around here !!! :rofl:

So it seems! Nice to know you fellas are keen to dish out an arse kicking over plug wires. :rofl:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
C30vet