4" or 6" lift for 3/4 ton??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bft305

Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Bucket, the BDS are stiff compared to skyjacker “soft ride” that my buddy has. I would not say they are horrible but i wouldn’t consider them like factory. A buddy had a BDS for his wrangler that was a daily driver and it was not a bad ride and better than my K20. Don’t know if being a 6” lift makes it stiffer than the smaller lifts. I went with BDS, cause of the no questions asked lifetime warranty.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Bucket, the BDS are stiff compared to skyjacker “soft ride” that my buddy has. I would not say they are horrible but i wouldn’t consider them like factory. A buddy had a BDS for his wrangler that was a daily driver and it was not a bad ride and better than my K20. Don’t know if being a 6” lift makes it stiffer than the smaller lifts. I went with BDS, cause of the no questions asked lifetime warranty.

Maybe it's the difference between the 4" and 6" springs. They definitely ride like stock, because I put a lot of miles on the truck when it was bone stock too. I've had several different brands of 4" springs and had significant seat time in others. Pro Comp and Rough Country were by far the roughest, with old Rancho maybe topping those. Superlift and Skyjacker have been softer, but not as soft as the BDS.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rumpity_z28