4 inch lift is coming along

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
1977, 1978
Truck Model
c10, k10
Engine Size
You must be registered for see images attach
Weather finally got a bit better (50s) 4 inch tuff country springs are on . Raised steering arm installed, working on replacing dry rot brake lines , ball joints, shocks, and drag link . Hope to be on the road next week

77 K20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20 5" lift
Engine Size
HT383 fuel injected
Looking good- but one thing I'd like to mention is look at your sway bar. See how it is at quite the angle downward to the axle? When you hit a bump the axle comes up and will try to compress that sway bar. That won't happen. So it hammers your sway bar bushings up on the frame and makes it ride rough.

A free solution is to remove it completely- a lot have done this and notice a great improvement in ride and not much different cornering.

Or others then run a sway bar disconnect. Even if you don't disconnect it it will allow it to pivot and makes for a smoother ride.

http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/swaybarkit.htm

kenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
1977, 1978
Truck Model
c10, k10
Engine Size
Looking good- but one thing I'd like to mention is look at your sway bar. See how it is at quite the angle downward to the axle? When you hit a bump the axle comes up and will try to compress that sway bar. That won't happen. So it hammers your sway bar bushings up on the frame and makes it ride rough.

A free solution is to remove it completely- a lot have done this and notice a great improvement in ride and not much different cornering.

Or others then run a sway bar disconnect. Even if you don't disconnect it it will allow it to pivot and makes for a smoother ride.

http://offroaddesign.com/catalog/swaybarkit.htm
Thanks for the tip, going to try both ways and see how it aftects ride . Rode like a dump truck before lift (with unknown springs and blocks in front) hope this springs are a better ride.

dhenderz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Alternatively, drop your sway bar down at the pivot points. I installed the Ruff Country 4 inch lift as well. I went with the Rough Country drop brackets.

kenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
1977, 1978
Truck Model
c10, k10
Engine Size
Alternatively, drop your sway bar down at the pivot points. I installed the Ruff Country 4 inch lift as well. I went with the Rough Country drop brackets.

Plan b lol sway bar moved down to new springs( no binding), anioxus to test drive the new lift kit

kenn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
ken
Truck Year
1977, 1978
Truck Model
c10, k10
Engine Size
Brake lines were to short with lift, inspection of lines came up with cracks in rubber. Ditched the brackets, and bought longer steel lines .

shiftpro

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
shiftpro
Truck Year
73-87
Truck Model
1500, 2500, 3500
Engine Size
350, 383, 454, 496!
Brake lines were to short with lift, inspection of lines came up with cracks in rubber. Ditched the brackets, and bought longer steel lines .
Good call... you're going to love how it drives. Let us know it it drives and how you like it with the sway bar disconnected.

Westislander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Gregg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Who did you get your extended brake lines through?

Craig 85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
454/TH-400/NP205
I've run ORD's sway bar disconnects in my last 2 trucks. They make a huge difference in ride. It lets the sway bar and springs run in different arcs, just like most vehicles with sway bars.

SrMousse

Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
I think I'm gonna give a no swaybar setup a shot as well. I have the bushing sweet for it and have to remove it regardless, I may as well dive it without to give it a chance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87POPS