383 FI Swap from 350

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckCo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
very confusing as i already after market systems in place. What a great resource this website is

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
This is a show truck so it will be only driven in warm weather. These are great points. If i go with a 383BP with a carb, how hard would that be to go back to from a Pro Flo setup?
If I’m being entirely honest, if it’s just a fair weather cruiser with an automatic, I couldn’t testify that the juice is worth the squeeze for FI over a carb.

The possibility that you might get 1mpg extra isn’t worth the added complication and expense.

If it were an LS engine, I’d keep factory injection and timing over reverting to a carb and distributor, but is my truck with MPFI more enjoyable to drive on a sunny afternoon than it would be with a carb all other things being equal…not really.

I’d put the $1500 into the suspension or a stronger rear end.

Rudy Mienert

Reaction score
First Name
Rudy
Truck Year
Truck Model
Blazer
Engine Size
I'm considering going with the Holley Sniper to replace the factory TBI on my 87...it's got 64000 miles...looking for a bit more HP and MPG...also will add headers to do away with emissions garbage. I just had a great experience with EFISYSTEMPRO.com, out of Florida, on a complete conversion, with ignition control as well. I will be using them for my truck, and I suggest lookin them up for great guidance.

SquareRoot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I'm considering going with the Holley Sniper to replace the factory TBI on my 87...it's got 64000 miles...looking for a bit more HP and MPG...also will add headers to do away with emissions garbage. I just had a great experience with EFISYSTEMPRO.com, out of Florida, on a complete conversion, with ignition control as well. I will be using them for my truck, and I suggest lookin them up for great guidance.
:popcorn:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1985Reese