3 wire o2 sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AuroraGirl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Taylor
Truck Year
1978, 1980
Truck Model
K10, K25
Engine Size
400(?), 350
Most O2 sensor heaters draw 4 - 6 amps some as high as 7amps. If it were me I'd fuse it at 10amps, but you could try a 7.5 and move up to a 10 amp if you need it. It is acceptable to ground the heater to a good ground, but it does really need to be a good ground, not a good enough ground like you can get away with somethings. At the shop when wiring an O2 sensor I decide if the frame or body will be better, then solder and shrink wrap the ground wire to an eyelet. Grind a spot of bare metal, attach the eyelet with a bolt and paint over to seal.
some factory applications will ground to the exuast but then have a separate ground strap from the exhaust to the body/frame depending on application.

might be something to consider if the ehxaust is new or the space is tighter

akchevrolet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10
Engine Size
Alright well got that wired and the truck running and legal again. the shop that did the headers put the plug wires in the wrong firing order. I did the rest of the exhaust and there was leaks so it was running lean. that's fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hugger-4641