2wd vs 4wd shift linkage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Need15

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Is there any difference between the column to transmission shift linkage in a 2wd to 4wd. I pulled a steering column and linkage from a 2wd parts truck and installed it in a 4wd and the adjustment knob that holds the rod from the steering column hits the rear shackle and wont allow you to shift past reverse
You must be registered for see images attach

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
Is there any difference between the column to transmission shift linkage in a 2wd to 4wd. I pulled a steering column and linkage from a 2wd parts truck and installed it in a 4wd and the adjustment knob that holds the rod from the steering column hits the rear shackle and wont allow you to shift past reverse
It's not my truck,but 1st thing I'd try is move the adjustment clevis to the other side of the arm and replace the cinch bolt with a short button head Allen. From your pic that looks like a quick 5 minute fix

Need15

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
It's not my truck,but 1st thing I'd try is move the adjustment clevis to the other side of the arm and replace the cinch bolt with a short button head Allen. From your pic that looks like a quick 5 minute fix
That was my first thought and when I switched that adjustment clevis it wouldn't go in the hole squarly so i was worried it would bind and make it hard to shift because the geometry was off

Ricko1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c20
Engine Size
That was my first thought and when I switched that adjustment clevis it wouldn't go in the hole squarly so i was worried it would bind and make it hard to shift because the geometry was off
Move it back to the other side,see if the problem is gone. If so tweak the arm and shift rod to get the clevis to sit right.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamberttt