2wd dually with Cummins swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NJakey

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Considering purchasing this 2wd dually w a Cummins swap. Engine has close to 200k and trans has 32k on rebuild. Seller wants 5500. Worth it?

You must be registered for see images attach

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
In the PNW, you'd pay that much for either the engine/trans OR just a normal running CC in decent shape. For a CC with a 12v Cummins swapped in and probably a NV4500, that seems like a heck of a deal. Especially if he is asking for that off the bat. You should be able to haggle him down a little more and get a screaming good deal.

NJakey

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
In the PNW, you'd pay that much for either the engine/trans OR just a normal running CC in decent shape. For a CC with a 12v Cummins swapped in and probably a NV4500, that seems like a heck of a deal. Especially if he is asking for that off the bat. You should be able to haggle him down a little more and get a screaming good deal.
He was asking 6500 and I worked him down to 5500. Just thought I’d ask for some advice from my square body friends before I pull the trigger

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
He was asking 6500 and I worked him down to 5500. Just thought I’d ask for some advice from my square body friends before I pull the trigger

Honestly, if a CC cummins swap is what you have been wanting, I doubt you would be able to build one for anywhere close to that price. And it is already running and driving, with zero time invested on your part. 200k on the motor is nothing, that thing is barely halfway through it's life.

Blue Ox

Turning Diesel Fuel Into Fun
Reaction score
First Name
Derek
Truck Year
MCMLXXXV
Truck Model
K20HD
Engine Size
6.2L
It really depends on the workmanship. If it's done well and reliable, and with documentation, because you're not going to remember what pieces were installed, then it would be a good deal.

Was the 200K miles put on the engine after the install? That would say a lot about the reliability and workmanship.

NJakey

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
It really depends on the workmanship. If it's done well and reliable, and with documentation, because you're not going to remember what pieces were installed, then it would be a good deal.

Was the 200K miles put on the engine after the install? That would say a lot about the reliability and workmanship.
Yes, after install and the gentleman has owned it for 20 years and has every receipt. That’s what really peaked my interest. It needs body work obviously, but seems to be in top mechanical shape

80BrownK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'd say that's a good price. That truck could sell for anywhere from $2500-5000 without a Cummins swap, depending bon the seller. That swap would cost almost that much I would guess depending on parts sources. I think that's a fair deal if it's done half decent .

Diesel K30

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
Toyota Sequoia
Engine Size
Yea I saw in the Tri Cities for 8500 and was considering buying it. And it still needed a lot of work (dented in doors and had a 3 speed non overdrive automatic transmission with 4.56 axels... that puts you at 59 mph at 3k rpm!)

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmousseau8