2bbl to 4bbl adapters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

recian

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10 cheyenne
Engine Size
So for the time being I think I'm going to keep my 2bbl carb on my truck until I can buy a new 1406 edelbrock. I would still like to put the 4bbl intake on the truck so when I get the carb all I've gota do is bolt it on. Does anyone know where I can find an adapter plate to bolt the 2bbl to the 4bbl intake? I've found a few to put 4bbl carbs on 2bbl or tbi intakes..

fussfeld

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
j
Truck Year
Truck Model
c-10
Engine Size
4.3 v-6 262CID
i know this is an older post, but just to reply to the topic in general i was recently using a Rochester 2G on a stock quadrajet manifold for a 4.3:

You must be registered for see images attach

The reason why i did this was because i like the 2G and wanted to learn more about it and experiment more with it. i didn't want to change manifolds because i just didn't feel like it and 2BBL manifolds for the 4.3 are not necessarily easy to find, although there are a lot of marine ones.

The adapter i used was Trans-Dapt part # 2087.

The whole setup actually ran pretty good.

However, i decided that the carb is junk and needs to be rebuilt; i looked it up and found it's from a 76 truck and who knows if it's ever been rebuilt?

i ended up buying a reman jeg's quadrajet with good results, although i wished i would have found out about Quadrajet Power or Everyday Performance before plunking down $325.......... Oh well, maybe for the next project....

Jeg's Part # 555-15805
http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS-Performance-Products/555/15805/10002/-1?parentProductId=

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ehef