2001 suburban

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Apparently it has some kind of remote start in it. It went to work, and one of the guys triggered it with a remote when unlocking. And then again when locking. It always just locked/unlocked with me. Factory remote triggers it, so thinking very early remote start or maybe some aftermarket. Need to see about disabling it. I noticed it had what looked like an add on hood open switch, might be part of the same system.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Nothing says better that I don't have the right tool, than a random piece of metal carelessly stuck to the water pump pulley. It was amazing that pump was still holding together, the bearing was almost completely gone.
You must be registered for see images attach

Crispy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban V1500
Engine Size
Did you get the remote start situation squared away?

If not, its not stock. No OEM remote starts were offered on GMT800's. Its a base level aftermarket unit. You can disable it by looking under the dash for a small toggle switch like this:

When I worked at a shop we wouldnt drill them through the panel for easy access. Instead we would leave them right by the brain. You can also remove fuses from the power lines going to the brain.

I hate seeing butcher work like that. That would drive me nuts!

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I took the pump off with the fan still on and didn't have anything to hold the pulley for removing the fan. The remote start was an aftermarket alarm system being tied in with factory remotes. I just pulled the fuses for the aftermarket box and had no issues.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Finally added the front bumper pad thing. Bumper still out of wack but looks okish. Posted it for sale as well.

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Had a trade lined up for 82 c10 with me adding couple of $k with the suburban, but when was ready to head to his location seller backed out and raised the price of the truck couple of $k higher.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Just sold this 01 so the square had a spot in the garage! Lol
Nice rig, only had it since last fall but put a buncha Hockey mom miles on it. Loved it. Super comfortable and great in the rain n snow
Nick named the Snack Wagon, cause I swear a half dozen meals a week were eaten in it while on the road!

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
I had few people turn away because of a rebuilt marked in the title. They prefer a wore out 220k mile suburban with a clean title over a decently clean one with 160k miles at the same price

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I had few people turn away because of a rebuilt marked in the title. They prefer a wore out 220k mile suburban with a clean title over a decently clean one with 160k miles at the same price
Only folks who don't know wth they're doing in the first place....plenty of 'em out there.
I had probably 5 people call me and offer me 2 grand or more under asking price. It sold for asking almost immediately. Under 120k miles. Probably shoulda kept it....

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Only folks who don't know wth they're doing in the first place....plenty of 'em out there.
I had probably 5 people call me and offer me 2 grand or more under asking price. It sold for asking almost immediately. Under 120k miles. Probably shoulda kept it....

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Nothing says better that I don't have the right tool, than a random piece of metal carelessly stuck to the water pump pulley. It was amazing that pump was still holding together, the bearing was almost completely gone.
Wait, what? How did the spinny thing spin with a bar welded to it?

yevgenievich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Viktor
Truck Year
sad
Truck Model
very sad
Engine Size
less sad
Wait, what? How did the spinny thing spin with a bar welded to it?
The pulley was welded to not spin so I could remove the fan. Otherwise the whole thing would just spin

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchell1128