20 inch lift k5 but problem on stearting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CknightK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Get a Reid racing knuckle with the 4 stud mount setup and the steering arm for the right hand side, then get a 1 ton tie rod and drag link made with 1 ton tie rod ends, and a 2wd steering box that will bolt right up, with an angled pitman arm.

What gears are you runnin?

chapo87chevy

Reaction score
First Name
albert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
ope guys im here its just smaller lift is what i dont want to do i didnt bue 20 inch leach springs to take them off and go smaller plus i think crossover steering kit is one of the best i ideas most likely im going to do that any one can just go smaller my modle go big or go home thanx guys ...

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I'm not hatin, just gonna be alot more work to make it work. I looked on Off Road Designs website, under high-steer kits for 12" or more lift it say "CALL" so you may wanna drop them a line and see what they suggest. Get some pics on here of that thing in the mud at least one time before you make a mall crawler outta her! :cool:

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
Chapo, I don't mean to be an ass, but why did you get so much lift with out looking into everything you would need. Also being in Cali. the height laws out there are so streak, I'll guarantee you are over the limit with a 20 inch lift. I was barely legal with a 12 inch lift and 39.5. I was always getting pulled over and checked.

As far as your steering, you are looking at some heavy fabing. I had a 4" raised steering arm, a 4" drop pit-man arm, and a Z bar drag link, and that is good only to about 14" of lift. Don't for get to get a frame brace or you will for sure break your frame. I bought one from Auto Fab in Santee, Ca. I don't know if they are still in business, but if they are that is the one I would buy it is a little more expensive, but worth the money.

CknightK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Oh **** he is in Cali?? Legal headlight height is like 55" he is wayyyyyyyyyyyy over that

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'm not sure if you seen the thread C4, but I mentioned to CKKnight, you and/or him should get together, or 1 of you on your own, and do us a crossover steering thread explaing how and what its purpose serves, when its needed, advantages and disadvantes, etc and of course how to do itl.

killerk10

Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I'm just new to the site but if you like your blazer with 20 inches of lift then go for it. A crossover setup with that much lift may be possible but could be tricky even still. Off Road Designs is a good company and I would recommend calling them. They have a great deal of knowlege and could possibly make a custom setup for you. A full hydro setup is not the answer for the street and is also illegal. If the engine shuts down you have no steering. Whoops. My 78 is huge (pics in the member photos) because of the articulation. I am running around 20 inches of lift an 44s as well. My truck has a custom steering setup on it. Another guy you could call is a shop called Kat Kustoms. Their phone number is 419 753 2817. The guy you want to talk to is Jason. Go to the website katkustoms.com. Insane trucks with huge lift and tires that still drive normal without bumpsteer. I like your K5, good luck with it.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
I'm not sure if you seen the thread C4, but I mentioned to CKKnight, you and/or him should get together, or 1 of you on your own, and do us a crossover steering thread explaing how and what its purpose serves, when its needed, advantages and disadvantes, etc and of course how to do itl.

Yeah it's gonna be a little further down the road before I get to start on mine though. Mine will more than likely be the full-on budget build version lol.

CknightK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yeah it's gonna be a little further down the road before I get to start on mine though. Mine will more than likely be the full-on budget build version lol.

Same here.

skysurfer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
1989 Suburban
Truck Model
V2500
Engine Size
5.7/TH400/NP241C
Oh **** he is in Cali?? Legal headlight height is like 55" he is wayyyyyyyyyyyy over that

54" to be exact. Also, the distance from the bottom of the frame to the ground can't exceed 31" for vehicles with a GVWR between 7501-10,000 lbs.

He's hosed either way.

CknightK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
54" to be exact. Also, the distance from the bottom of the frame to the ground can't exceed 31" for vehicles with a GVWR between 7501-10,000 lbs.

He's hosed either way.

I was gonna say, cuz my buddy with a k5 on a 12" lift and 39.5"ers is sitting at 57"

chapo87chevy

Reaction score
First Name
albert
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
can any boddy send me a picture of how i would have to doo it thank you it will be so help full

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
He will get ate up on pirate hahahahaha:Jedi:
and it would appear you would too...
Get a Reid racing knuckle with the 4 stud mount setup and the steering arm for the right hand side, then get a 1 ton tie rod and drag link made with 1 ton tie rod ends, and a 2wd steering box that will bolt right up, with an angled pitman arm.

What gears are you runnin?

tie rod ends? think again... that's well into, and possibly beyond heim territory.

GreaseDog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
1977 K20
Truck Model
1980 K2500
Engine Size
Don't for get to get a frame brace or you will for sure break your frame. I bought one from Auto Fab in Santee, Ca. I don't know if they are still in business, but if they are that is the one I would buy it is a little more expensive, but worth the money.

just so you guys know, the ORD brace is made by AutoFab.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
88chevy