2 Easy questions...I hope

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

chubble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe K10
Engine Size
Hey guys,

First Post! (But I have been a visitor to the forums for about a little over a year since I got my truck).

I have an 87 4x4 (Reg. Cab, long bed) Custom Deluxe. I really want to bring some modern parts to this truck but I haven't been able to find much info on.

First, I really like the new style Bull-Bars that can be found on Ebay, I was wondering if anyone knew of a brand/type that will either bolt right on or require little modification.

My second question is, I have the original rims and locking hubs on them and want to start looking for some badass rims. But I wasn't sure about what kind of aftermarket rims will fit this configuration. And will I need to re-use the center caps etc on a new set of rims. (I am really partial to a set a Ballistic Jester wheels in either 16" or 17")

Let me know what you guys think? I appreciate your help.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I can't answer your questions, I just posted to say howdy. Howdy!

I'm not familiar with modern style aftermarket wheels, but often wheels that are 6-lug and 16" or bigger have a center opening that is too small for your truck.

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I don't think anyone makes a new bullbar will bolt on to these older Chevys. But most go under the bumper and bolt to the frame so it probably wouldn't be too hard to modify one to fit. I actually had an old one that bolted to the bumper for an 81-87 Chevy, but I ended up giving it away. That's the only bolt on one I've ever seen.

As for the wheels, you should be able to look up the center bore on most wheel manufacturers websites. As bucket said, a lot of 16" and up aluminum wheels are made to fit newer Chevys with hub centric wheels so they have smaller hub bored that wont fit over your lockouts. You'll just have to check

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

chubble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe K10
Engine Size
I have seen pics of some folks with rims that don't appear to have any center hub like the originals, do some people remove the lockers in order to fit different rims?

Stroked

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Yep. You can get them cheaper through Summit Racing though.

chubble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe K10
Engine Size
Thanks for the info on that.

Still hoping someone knows about the Bull Bar though...

hinkv10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
If you find a bull bar that bolts on, let me know. We have similar tastes. I want the same wheels as well but that will have to wait for awhile.

83K5guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
i dont see why with a little modifying to get the bull bars to work, not sure how they bolt up on newer one but maybe find some pics of people or some friends may have one you can see if its close to fitting or little modifying. As far as aftermarket rims like everyone else said youll have to look at the bore size to see if it will fit or not i dont see why a tireshop wouldnt be able to look up the rims you might like and see if it fits

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
i got a bull bar from ebay on my gmt40 and it has 2 piece brackets. think of some 90 degree angle iron, the first section bolts to the frame with 2 slotted holes, then he second bolts to it and has a flat front plate to bolt the bar too.

the only problem is they say the gmt400 frames are wider. If so then some sort of extension would need made to make thembrackets fit the frame to bolt it up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay Don