1990 gmc dually 1 ton 2wd Cummins swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chilchey_

Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Truck Year
Truck Model
R/V 3500 crew
Engine Size
Looking to swap my 2wd to Cummins and also change over to 4wd. I can pick up an M1028 CuCv for a good price. Was wondering after all the rigging was switched over to the 2WD what other mods would have to be made to the truck to fit the Cummins with the GM Dana 60 up front besides floor hump, motor mounts and crossmember. Plan on adding atleast 6" lift at this time and changing to Single rear wheel.

da_raabi

Trailer Park Supervisor
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Truck Year
Truck Model
c30
Engine Size
Goodness thats a lot of chopping up of some good trucks. Why not just buy a K20 or K30 to begin with?

That cummins swap is apparently not easy, and converting to 4wd is even harder. Take a look through some of the posts around here and you will see why. Absolutely everything about your project is custom.

You would be much better off starting with a K30 SRW and going from there. Don't chop all those poor trucks together for no reason. Some of us would love to have a good condition CUCV... or a good condition 2wd C30 dually. Know what I mean? Start with something a little closer to your end goal so you actually have something viable to work with.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
87R10_Cruising