1990 Burb almost stalls after it sits for awhile

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

holcombehas6

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban R2500
Engine Size
5.7 TBI 350
I have a 2wd 1990 Burb 2500 w/ 350 TBI, TH400. Especially in the mornings, but other times as well, when I crank the burb up, and step on the gas, it wants to stall. I have to feather the throttle a few times, then it goes and all is well. I have swapped out the FPR, it has a new fuel filter, new delco plugs, new accel cap and rotor, new wires, new coolant temp sensor (the one by the thermostat), and thats about it. I have done this because it needed it being that I bought it from the original owner and it sat for awhile prior to me. I keep throwing a code and it will go from factory idle to a higher idle (when it goes to that higher throttle is when the check engine light goes on, and turns off when I drive down the road). This makes me think the idle air sensor may be bad, but i'm not sure it would cause that to stall when it starts up. Would anyone have any ideas? I have not changed out the EGR, PCV, MAF, or IAC valve. All still factory from 1990. Thank you all in advance.

holcombehas6

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban R2500
Engine Size
5.7 TBI 350
Pulled the code. Was code 44 "running lean". Replaced main TBI gaskets, seems to be all better now. Hopefully when I crank this morning it will be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade