1987 K10 Idle issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fleetwood

Reaction score
First Name
I
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have always had issues starting my 1987 k10. I would always be really rich and idle low and be almost impossible to start in the cold. Then, once warmed up, it would idle way too high. it had codes 15 (low coolant temp), 32 (barometer error) and 42 (?). I finally bought a obd reader and hooked it up to my computer. The coolant sensor was reading -35 degrees F and the spark knock counter was not going. I did some probing and looking at schematics and figured out that someone had swapped the black wires between the ESC and the coolant temp sensor. I swapped those and all the sensors are reading fine. after fixing this it was idling too high so I did the whole thing with the IAC and set the idle. Now, it starts out idling fine, but when I switch it into gears the iac start to open up and by the time I put it back in park it is idling at 1700 rpm. Also, the idle hangs when revving. What do I do?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
satansdad