1985 k20 and back pressure through mufflers??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
You know for all the effort and $s this will cost, You should research doing a 4L80 swap.

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
Well it seems I had the adapter the whole time and did not know it.(measurements same as advance adapt) I had a 1982 4x4 and it had a 350 trans. it had this adapter when i removed the trans to replace with a 700r4. The 700 bolted directly to the TC on the 82. I dont even know what TC came in 1982 4x4.
Seems now I just need a shaft. The company in Canada could not help me LOL.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
You know for all the effort and $s this will cost, You should research doing a 4L80 swap.

I agree, but already have everything :Insane:

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
... help with gas mileage...

Sorry, but I laughed at this! Wrong vehicle to drive if you are worried about gas mileage. How many miles do you drive a day? Just curious.

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
Sorry, but I laughed at this! Wrong vehicle to drive if you are worried about gas mileage. How many miles do you drive a day? Just curious.

52 round trip to work.

here is the story, then you can laugh.

I bought my wife a brand new Texas Edition GMC because thats what she wanted a year ago. For 10 years i did not need a vehicle because I had a company car. So I got a few toys, 70 T/A, 80 T/A, 81 Vette, 82 CE vette,
My super clean 85 K20, and i can keep going.

Last year my wife tells me how come i dont buy a new truck for myself. (i dont really care for a new Vehicle).. So I think to myself, hhhmmm. i ask her if I can buy anything I want, as ALWAYS, she's like, of course!!!

2 weeks later, Looking for a mint C10, I find a super deal on a 2 owner K20 with ZERO rust. (NOT EASY TO FIND).. Yes my wife **** a BRICK, As I did not go out and buy a New Z06 corvette, or New high end truck.

I have been driving my 82 vette to work at 20/21 MPG.. Not complaining.
If people are not trying to race me, they are trying to run me off the road or ride my azz or try to pull out right in front of me when im already right in front of them.. TOTAL DICKS just cause Im in a vette. Dont drive my other cars to much..

MY MISSION. Nobody messes with me in my K20, In fact, they move out of my way for me!!! LOLOLOLOL.. I dont mind 15 MPG out of it. Right now I get between 9/11 MPG... I think I can get it with a overdrive. If Not..... 6.0/4L80E is whats going in Next year.. I am going to make this truck my Daily Driver. To be Honest I love driving this truck..:party36::cheers:

Now you can Laugh.:popcorn:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Ok then fork out the cash and do it right the first time! Get a 4L80 with 7 bolts on the bell housing, with a 241 and a fast controller. If you want to show off to the wife put paddles in it too.

Next year get your LSX and put it in front of the 4L80 and if you want to be cool put this on it

You must be registered for see images attach

And put a carb on top!

Last edited:

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I love driving my old beast too. I love winter time when every one wishes they had a truck like mine! I love pulling new 4x4 trucks out of the ditch with my old square. It is just so satisfying! LOL

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Much as I hate to say it... why put a carb on new technology and loose mgps, tq, and horse power? The truck intake alone flows better then a carb and car intakes...

Sent from the dust in front of you!
Edit mine's m my dd that knocks out 17.5 on the hwy, but it's a 2wd so that's more so the reason.

Last edited:

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
:gathering:

Still laughing! But it's all good! I wish I could DD mine. People used to try and race me all the time when I was DD'ing my 85 Monte SS. It's 190hp people! It's slow!

edit: Pics of 70 T/A please!

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
Much as I hate to say it... why put a carb on new technology and loose mgps, tq, and horse power? The truck intake alone flows better then a carb and car intakes...

I agree, There will be no motor mods. Just a tune. :cheers:

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
I love driving my old beast too. I love winter time when every one wishes they had a truck like mine! I love pulling new 4x4 trucks out of the ditch with my old square. It is just so satisfying! LOL

Ogre, I am going to work with what I have now. if I can get 15MPG out of it then i dont need a 6.0. Ill be happy with 15.

DoubleDingo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bagoomba
Truck Year
Truck Model
81-C20 Silverado Camper Special-TH400-4.10s
Engine Size
Carb'ed Vortec 350
I was able to get 14-16 out of my '65 3/4 ton with an sm420 and 3:54 gears. It loved cruising at 70 turning 2600 rpm's. Between my home town and the next big town is 60 miles and it took 4 gallons. So you can get more than 9-11 mpg out of it for sure.

One time I was driving home from the big town and it started snowing. I found out the old truck was aerodynamic around 40 mph. Any slower or any faster and the snow would hit the windshield. Find the sweet spot and the snow would flow right over the hood and cab missing the windshield.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA

Edit mine's m my dd that knocks out 17.5 on the hwy, but it's a 2wd so that's more so the reason.

I said if you want to be COOOL ! lol

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Yea I guess it does bring a certain nostalgia.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Garcjay