1985 K10 Frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Robi523

Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Hey guys, so I took my truck for inspection today and got a small list of stuff to repair, not a huge deal... BUT it's not going to last for long. The back half of the frame is pretty rotten. So I've had a couple thoughts. 1. Fix the stuff to pass inspection for now and find a donor truck for the frame, and build that up. or 2. Scrap mine all together and find a new truck to enjoy. Thoughts and input?
If I go the donor route, is there any differences between the C10 frame and the K10 frame? I kind of thought if it was just bolt on stuff maybe that would open up my hunt. It is a short bed if that makes any difference. Thank you!

1984K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
5.7 (350CID)
Hey guys, so I took my truck for inspection today and got a small list of stuff to repair, not a huge deal... BUT it's not going to last for long. The back half of the frame is pretty rotten. So I've had a couple thoughts. 1. Fix the stuff to pass inspection for now and find a donor truck for the frame, and build that up. or 2. Scrap mine all together and find a new truck to enjoy. Thoughts and input?
If I go the donor route, is there any differences between the C10 frame and the K10 frame? I kind of thought if it was just bolt on stuff maybe that would open up my hunt. It is a short bed if that makes any difference. Thank you!

I'm pretty sure the whole short bed/long bed thing makes a difference unless you get a lwb frame and weld a piece off but don't quote me on that. Also, if by "scrap it" you mean taking it to the junkyard, just put it for sale and get some change for your new project. Every dollar counts. At least that's what I would do.

Robi523

Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I'm pretty sure the whole short bed/long bed thing makes a difference unless you get a lwb frame and weld a piece off but don't quote me on that. Also, if by "scrap it" you mean taking it to the junkyard, just put it for sale and get some change for your new project. Every dollar counts. At least that's what I would do.

Yeah, I know Short bed/Long bed counts... I am talking about differences in frames between 2wd and 4wd. I hate to pay for a sticker to pass the problems on to somebody else, feel too much like a dick for doing that lol.

AmmoCan

Reaction score
A 2wd to 4wd conversion is possible, but, it's not easy and not really worth it in my opinion. Might want to find another k10 with a good chassis and use your current one for parts.

Ravenshurst

Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban 1500
Engine Size
Yeah, the 2wd uses ifs. Find a K-10 like AmmoCan suggests.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sammygunns