1984 gmc k1500 advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

michael hale

Reaction score
First Name
michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
Hey,
First post. Im sure, as with may forums, most of these questions have been answered. I have a 1984 gmc high Sierra k1500 that I have decided to restore. I bought it in 2010 with a stock 305. The transmission went out in 2011 and the engine had no compression so I put a crate 350 in. two years ago I started tearing it apart to "restore" the truck. I have been out of country half of the last two years and finally can work on her. I decided to pull the engine so I can work on it and coat the frame/paint the engine bay. this is where I would like your opinion and advice.
- I plan to add a fitech fuel injection mod with he fuel forced system.. anyone used this? results?
- I want to add an electric radiator fan.. do you have any suggestions on kits that will work well with a stock radiator?
- I also plan to add a serpentine belt conversion. I am looking at summit racing brand.. any other brands or kits that someone else has used?
- speaking of belts I do not run ac although it is currently on my truck but not working.. any parts to delete the system you can recommend?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1987R10Man