1983 Electronic Spark Control System

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I'm installing a larger engine into my 83 and was wondering if anyone was interested in the ESC system.It's complete.I realize this usually gets turfed but I thought there may be someone interested.

Camaro69

Reaction score
First Name
Ruben
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
How's it going I'm new to this forum and I'm not looking to buy your ESC actually I wanna know what you did to delete the ESC? I have a 82 silverado and I to wanna put a bigger engine and wanna get rid of that feature. It's a PIMA, thanks

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I actually transferred one of those systems over to a Dodge engine I had in my old Ramcharger.

Reaction score
First Name
Duane
Truck Year
Truck Model
C1500
Engine Size
I haven't got it running yet but my understanding is that the unit can be unplugged from the pink wire in the engine bay and the pink wire which normally feeds the esc will now directly power the distributor.You'll need a different distributor. Theres a tip in switch for the transmission that is parts of the esc and I'm not sure if disconnecting it will have any effect on the trans.I'm expecting it to be pretty straight forward.

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
You can use the same distributor just splice the black and green wire together. Then re time the engine. "Limit the admit of vac advance" don't just hook it up...

Camaro69

Reaction score
First Name
Ruben
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
I found this yesterday and it seems pretty easy, I'm gonna try it, as far as the tip in I don't know if I have that on my truck, how would I know? I'm also just thinking of replacing everything with painless wiring, I just want a clean basic set up and for the truck to work properly, PW,PD locks, ac etc. If I go with painless does it come with all the connectors?

http://www.73-87.com/7387garage/drivetrain/escrepl.htm

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whythoughs