1982 K-10 Exhaust Manifold Questions, And Looking To Identify Engine.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

t44e6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I have a 82 K10 with a rebuilt 350 of unknown origin in it. Manual trans. Where should I look for casting numbers? It looks like the intake has some orange peeking out under the blue paint.

I would like to eliminate the EGR manifold on the right hand side. Is there a part that will replace it and match the design of the left side manifold? I see other people use the Ram's horn style but I don't know that I could find a pair of the truck specific type that don't require fiddling to clear the driver's side engine mount. Not looking for more flow because the truck runs really nice the way it is set up, just looking to tidy things up.

Attachments

• driv.jpg
    driv.jpg
    168.3 KB · Views: 51
  • Screenshot 2022-03-07 115248.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-03-07 115248.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 43

Bextreme04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
350-4bbl
There should be numbers stamped on a flat plate right in front of the passenger side Cylinder head mounting surface. You will likely need to spray it with brake cleaner and hit it with a wire brush to be able to see/read any stamping. The last three number/letters in that stamping will let you look up the original application in the Lime Book.

EGR is located in the Intake on carbureted trucks... are you talking about the sheet metal bit with the hose running up to the air cleaner? That is the heat stove that lets your engine get a bit of warmer air to it when it is crazy cold out. There is a thermal valve inside the air cleaner that open/closes to mix the hot air running around the outside of your exhaust manifolds with cold air coming in from the front grill to keep the air around 90 degrees going into the carburetor. The cooling effect from the fuel evaporating in the intake drops the air charge going into the engine close to freezing again anyways, so removing that heat stove just makes it run worse at cold startup and doesn't have any performance advantage.

t44e6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
The right exhaust manifold has what I think is a vacuum operated flapper in it. It's not hooked up, the ESC is bypassed, the charcoal cannister is hooked up except for the line going to the thermoswitch on the t-stat housing. The heat stove is functional. I want to get rid of that manifold if it can be done easily.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chuchito