1977 pickup headers should work on a 85 Right?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
Last edited:

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
i say give them a shot. They look kinda cool and are a cheap alternative to the summit headers that actually look better. let us know how they fit.
side note do those collectors look short?

Sent from the dust in front of you!

Nasty-LSX

TogetherforeverCovid19
Reaction score
First Name
Mi Hung Lo
Truck Year
85/86/87
Truck Model
c10/k10/k20
Engine Size
LSX
i say give them a shot. They look kinda cool and are a cheap alternative to the summit headers that actually look better. let us know how they fit.
side note do those collectors look short?

Sent from the dust in front of you!

Yea, they look short to me. Most all headers i have found for my K20 look short like that! kinda WEIRD. Car collectors are longer.

smoothandlow84

I'd rather be draggin' frame
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Truck Year
1984 Frame...87 motor and 700r trans
Truck Model
1500 r10 pavement scraper
Engine Size
350 TBI
Only problem I have come across is that the #6 down tube intesects with the inner frame rail with the last headers I attempted to install form an early model square on my 84. I say give em' a shot as long as the return policy if favorable. Just be really, really carefull not to mar the finish since most companies won't allow refunds if they see scatches. It's a really tight fit in the engine compartment as you may already know. I ended up buying my headers locally and made absolutely certain that they could be returned. I was lucky and didnt have to even unbolt the motor mounts to get them installed. It took some creative twisting, turning and planning ahead to get them installed. Keep us updated, who knows, you may have just found another source for headers. Good luck.

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
OK I am hoping you pick a set of these up. I am wondering if they will fit as well. I have a 79 4wd with a 72 350 in it. I honestly don't care about the collectors. If it bolts up to my exhaust then that is what I am going to do. I really like the price but I am not sure. They look better than the ones on my truck which are Blackjacks. I put them on back in 1984!! I think I have got my money's worth out of them. Of course my truck sat for over 20 years though...

Don5

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Truck Year
Truck Model
k15
Engine Size
Ok I just took a close look at them again and I have a question. It looks like the tubes are placed on the flat part of the exhaust flange and spot welded. If the exhaust is going to leak it will be right at the joint between the tube and the long exhaust flange. In other words in a couple of years you might get some separation between the tube and the flange due to temp differences and wear. Since it is spot welded instead of fully welded around that tube won't it eventually leak? I am wondering since I live in a northern climate with some pretty good temp swings. I guess I will be waiting and when I hear of several guys running these with no issues here in the northern climate then I am going to buy. I would feel much better if they were welded all the way around the tube.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jay Don