1977 C10 with 31,000 original miles I just bought. Looking for white hub caps.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Welcome! And what a find!
Check out the GM heritage center brochures, if you're interested in what was original to the model year.
I know in '77, at least the 8 lug pickups were offered with what I'd call the "old" style hubcaps, and in white as well.
Regardless, keep your eyes peeled, as the older style are far less available than what I'd call the "80s" style like @Turbo4whl posted. Suppose you're aware of that though.
The newer style, especially for chevy and half ton (smaller diameter than 8 lug caps) are dime a dozen, comparatively speaking...
(To think I remember thinking those were the cheap looking tin can hubcaps and now planning on a set of custom steelies for our truck WITH those hubcaps! lol)

Corvette Ed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Eli
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome aboard from East Tennessee,congrats on a sweet find. I had some good times in Skowhegan,years ago.:)

Northpondpres

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Welcome! And what a find!
Check out the GM heritage center brochures, if you're interested in what was original to the model year.
I know in '77, at least the 8 lug pickups were offered with what I'd call the "old" style hubcaps, and in white as well.
Regardless, keep your eyes peeled, as the older style are far less available than what I'd call the "80s" style like @Turbo4whl posted. Suppose you're aware of that though.
The newer style, especially for chevy and half ton (smaller diameter than 8 lug caps) are dime a dozen, comparatively speaking...
(To think I remember thinking those were the cheap looking tin can hubcaps and now planning on a set of custom steelies for our truck WITH those hubcaps! lol)

Northpondpres

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have the caps that came with the truck but the prior owner thought himself handy with a spray can. Painted white over and over again. He also got some color match green mixed up and “touched up” large areas on the truck. It’s going into the shop for 2 new (GM) front fenders and an overall paint. Worth doing on this one. I had hoped to not paint it but too many dings and dents and some rust in lower front fenders.

ak4life

alaskan born, fed and bred.....lol.
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
81/84 gmc, 2001gmc, 2003 gmc, 2005 chevy
Truck Model
longbed squarebody, longbed 4dr extended cab, yukon sle, 4dr ext. cab
Engine Size
383, 6.0, 5.3, 5.3
Hi, I just bought a completely original C10. 305 V8, 3 on the tree, plaid seat, AM. 31,000 miles. The previous owner felt the need to repeatedly spray bomb the hubcaps. I would like a driver quality or better set of white caps. Take offs, NOS if I can afford them I suppose. Love the truck and trying to keep it pure. Thanks, Rick, Skowhegan Maine.
How much you want for it !!!!??????? Haaaahaaaa!!!

ak4life

alaskan born, fed and bred.....lol.
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Truck Year
81/84 gmc, 2001gmc, 2003 gmc, 2005 chevy
Truck Model
longbed squarebody, longbed 4dr extended cab, yukon sle, 4dr ext. cab
Engine Size
383, 6.0, 5.3, 5.3
Hi, I just bought a completely original C10. 305 V8, 3 on the tree, plaid seat, AM. 31,000 miles. The previous owner felt the need to repeatedly spray bomb the hubcaps. I would like a driver quality or better set of white caps. Take offs, NOS if I can afford them I suppose. Love the truck and trying to keep it pure. Thanks, Rick, Skowhegan Maine.
I believe that is an original seafoam green....my budy had it on his, its a really nice color when new

Northpondpres

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I would be happy with a nice set regardless of year. Most people won’t know the difference. I have some GM brochures somewhere in my eclectic mix of all that is “old car” stuff. I’ll try to find out what is correct and search for those. I go to Hershey and Carlisle shows so quite likely I can put together a set over time but wanted to find a set to pop on for now. Actually I don’t mind the No hub cap look.

Northpondpres

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
It was about 3 miles from my house. A friend told me about it about 2 years ago I think. He thought no power steering and 6 cylinder so I wasn’t really that interested. I decided to take a look and it followed me home.

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I would be happy with a nice set regardless of year. Most people won’t know the difference. I have some GM brochures somewhere in my eclectic mix of all that is “old car” stuff. I’ll try to find out what is correct and search for those. I go to Hershey and Carlisle shows so quite likely I can put together a set over time but wanted to find a set to pop on for now. Actually I don’t mind the No hub cap look.
If you’re not set on the older style dog dishes that came in white (or chrome), then the newer style are readily available for 1/2 ton 2wd chevys.
Can’t buy them new, no one has made re-pops of them yet. But the used selection will allow you to get a nice like new ish set for a reasonable price.

Northpondpres

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
If you’re not set on the older style dog dishes that came in white (or chrome), then the newer style are readily available for 1/2 ton 2wd chevys.
Can’t buy them new, no one has made re-pops of them yet. But the used selection will allow you to get a nice like new ish set for a reasonable price.
Thanks. I really want just plain old white fog dishes. I have a set of Rally wheels but that leads to fender trim, oh and chrome bumpers, chrome grille, rails or tonneau cover and on it goes. I’m trying real hard to show discipline here. Not something i’ m good at!

Grit dog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Thanks. I really want just plain old white fog dishes. I have a set of Rally wheels but that leads to fender trim, oh and chrome bumpers, chrome grille, rails or tonneau cover and on it goes. I’m trying real hard to show discipline here. Not something i’ m good at!
Lol, right? I’ve got more money tied up in “trim pieces” than all the paint and bodywork materials and supplies.
I really do dig the old work truck look. White painted bumpers etc.
Since you’re now going to repaint it, it would be very hard for me to not go ahead and do the roof in white, at a minimum. The white body stripe would also look hot on that truck, but there goes the fancy parts and trim budget. Lol.
Plus idk if any of the base model trucks came that way. No chrome but with the white stripe.

Turbo4whl

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy
Engine Size
Okay I had to search, but I did find white caps on base C25 GMC's. Same era C10's had bright caps:

You must be registered for see images attach

One more for the picture wh0res like me:

Northpondpres

Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have the white caps it came with. I may have to restore those. I also have a set of chrome dog dishes I can pop on for now but I thought in this group there might be someone with a clean original set. There can’t be a lot of fools like me looking for the cheapest hubcaps ever!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rossivey