1973 body 1995 frame

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
oh yeah, another nice thing about the 95 PCM is if you ever want to swith to vortec heads, there is a factory calibration already available...no tuning!
I know you dont have to worry about smog, but use the Evap cannister and solenoid...the chip is calibrated to use this stuff, and will be no driveability problems down the road. I haven't seen any 93-95s with AIR pumps, so no need to worry about that.

Last edited:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Don't forget about oneluckypops. He has been known to make custom harnesses for for a few here. I would definitely give hime a tap on the shoulder. He seems pretty knowledgeable with the harness modifications stuff.

Posted from hell

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
As far as the harness, if you can't do it yourself, we have a few guys here, you can mail both harnesses to them and they'll take out what you don't need, and modify your 73 harness to work and look just like it was made that way. Pops has done it, Foamy has done it, and pretty Jims86 has done it or can do it. Being a 4x4, you're getting away from the carb too. Carbs don't like off roading much when you start hitting the steep inclines.

Don't forget about oneluckypops. He has been known to make custom harnesses for for a few here. I would definitely give hime a tap on the shoulder. He seems pretty knowledgeable with the harness modifications stuff.

Posted from hell

:slap: :nutkick: I Toad him already. But Pops hasn't been around in quite some time. He has blended several Squares and GMT400's and GMT400 1/2 tons and 3/4 tons too, and modified harnesses from 4L60-E to 4L80-E etc, but doesn't do us much good when he don't show up no mo !!! :buttkick:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
BTW, I like Jims idea of just transfeing the comlete fuse bulkhead. BUT, that would mean he'd need to know the wiring for everything else too, like the front lights, rear lights, pw, pl etc etc etc etc. Even the igntion swtich and P N Safety swith and all would need to be done. Just might be easier to integrate the 2 harnesses.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
:slap: :nutkick: I Toad him already. But Pops hasn't been around in quite some time. He has blended several Squares and GMT400's and GMT400 1/2 tons and 3/4 tons too, and modified harnesses from 4L60-E to 4L80-E etc, but doesn't do us much good when he don't show up no mo !!! :buttkick:

I am at work so I am skimming. :crazy:

Posted from hell

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
BTW, I like Jims idea of just transfeing the comlete fuse bulkhead. BUT, that would mean he'd need to know the wiring for everything else too, like the front lights, rear lights, pw, pl etc etc etc etc. Even the igntion swtich and P N Safety swith and all would need to be done. Just might be easier to integrate the 2 harnesses.

thats not hard to do at all...infact, I think the wire colors are even the same. another option, it to keep the 73 wired, and just install the 95 harness as a stand alone.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
thats not hard to do at all...infact, I think the wire colors are even the same. another option, it to keep the 73 wired, and just install the 95 harness as a stand alone.

Now that I thoght of. Just the ECM engine harness right? I know the Starter and Alternator can all stay the same. About the only thing that would need to change is ignition power right? Even the AC/Heat harness can stay separate IIRC.

In fact, the ECM doesn't even have to know the AC compressor is on does it? IAC takes care of that doesn't it?

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Now that I thoght of. Just the ECM engine harness right? I know the Starter and Alternator can all stay the same. About the only thing that would need to change is ignition power right? Even the AC/Heat harness can stay separate IIRC.

In fact, the ECM doesn't even have to know the AC compressor is on does it? IAC takes care of that doesn't it?

Thats how I did the burb, both times. He can also wire the 73 harness to run the 95 alt.
The ECM gets a 12 volt signal from the clutch positive(green wire) and commands an extra 200 RPM.

Last edited:

73shacks

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20/K1500
Engine Size
ordered the shift

Attachments

• BMM-80680_YK.jpg
    BMM-80680_YK.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 180

73shacks

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20/K1500
Engine Size
thanks you all for your continued following, im on hold till this weekend to continue the build, ordered all the parts i need to rebuild the motor today and some extra stuff the x pipe for the exhaust and the shifter for the floor.

ps jims i will definitely be giving you a call this weekend

73shacks

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20/K1500
Engine Size
oh and as it stand right now the plan is to move the harness and fuse buss from the 95 to the 73 and wire it up accordingly

73shacks

Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20/K1500
Engine Size
can some one send me a link to a intrument cluster that would work in the truck, one that looks the 73 dash but runs off the elctronics instead of cables?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
ordered the shift

That's the one to have. Either the MegaShifter or the QuickSilver. Reason being, those 2 shifters are compatible with both 3 and 4 speed autos, so if you swap trasmisisons then your shift is going to work. Some models are 3 or 4 speed only. Both are also ratchet shifters and NHRA approved for racing. Both will also run a reverse valve body if you so choose and go fast enough that some NHRA events might require it.

Jims86

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Suburban Silverado
Engine Size
5.7 TBI
Last edited:

MrMarty51