1972 Pro Street Nova

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
:drool: This thread is fantastic!! I'm speechless...

Manbearpig

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Model
1500HD Quadrasteer
Engine Size
:drool:

This is wicked!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Man, I'd sure love to have one of those body restoration rotiseree (spelling) racks. Those save mega mega time, and lots of work too.
Nothing wrong with hacking up any car or truck to make a drag project or other project from. But, I sure do agree, there are enough out there in bad shape, damaged or not factory restorable that can be used for such projects rather than take a perfectly good vehicle to butcher on. So I never jump to conclusions or assumptions when I see a nicely made drag car, that they started with Grandma's Nova that had been sitting in the garage for the last 20 years, or a Camaro thats been hidden away in a barn for 30 years collecting dust. There are enough vehicles out there in the world for any type project you want wether you want it to be an OEM original restore, a drag car, a mud truck etc etc.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Did any of you OK guys know about the OKC Farm Truck that participated in Pinks All Out in Memphis? Here is his Speed Channel interview. It starts at 1.03 of the video if you want to fast forward. Quite Funny really. I've seen this truck run several times at Thuder Valley in Noble. He a friend of one of my coworkers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH9tA46Fj1Y

greencountry05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Skinny
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
Man, I'd sure love to have one of those body resoration rotiseree (spelling) racks. Those save mega mega time, and lots of work too.
Nothing wrong with hacking up any car or truck to make a drag project or other project from. But, I sure do agree, there are enough out there in bad shape, damaged or not factory restorable that can be used for such projects rather than take a perfectly good vehicle to buther on. So I never jump to conclusions or assumptions when I see a nicely made drag car, that they started with Grandma's Nova that has been sitting in the garage for the last 20 years, or a Camaro thats been hidden away in a barn for 30 years collecting dust. There are enough vehicles out there in the world for any type project you want wether you want it to be an OEM original restore, a drag car, a mud truck etc etc.

The shell of the Nova was purchased in Miami, Oklahoma from a school teacher at NEO who had gotten bored with it. Him and his father had spent a little amount of time fixing the body and installing a cage. When my dad got it back to Plano he took out the old cage because it did not meet NHRA standards and put in a different one. Also, he did a LOT of sanding, grinding, welding, and prepping for paint. (the pictures you see in primer are right before it was painted) So no, he didn't start out with a pristine Nova lol. The front end was off a another car he had bought as a parts car.

greencountry05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Skinny
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
Did any of you OK guys know about the OKC Farm Truck that participated in Pinks All Out in Memphis? Here is his Speed Channel interview. It starts at 1.03 of the video if you want to fast forward. Quite Funny really. I've seen this truck run several times at Thuder Valley in Noble. He a friend of one of my coworkers.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH9tA46Fj1Y

Yeah it was at PINKS in Dallas when we went. I saw it said, "Something's gotta' be up with that longbed. They wouldn't let that piece of **** in without a good reason." And sure enough......sum-bitch has wings! But I never knew it was from OKC.

You must be registered for see images attach

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yep, he's from OKC metro area and goes out to Thunder Valley frequently. He usually has a pizza topper on his truck and honks a train horn before every race. The heavy ass hunk can run I'm telling you. When I first seen it and it pull that left wheel about **** myself. Good think I didn't, it was runny that night. Big Block with lots and lots of giggly juice.

Here is a couple of his runs from Memphis PAO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5oftRgd9VY&NR=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_O6uxXN9Bg

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
My Dad showed me the farm truck on youtube, were huge fans. The launches where the camper shell door pops open are the best.

burbdood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V-10 Suburban
Engine Size
Man I LOVE X-bodies!! I have a 72 Pontiac Ventura II, (a Pontiac version of the Nova), that's mostly original with the Poncho 350/TH350 drivetrain. The only add ons are an Edelbrock intake and carb and Mallory Unilite Distributor. Even with pathetic 3.08 gears, it will flat out haul ass and keep going. I had it up to 113 mph one night on a stretch of highway and it still had some left in it.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'd love to have a Ventura from 70-72. Almost had one once and my dad's wife was with us on the test drive. I hit a little water, and not wanting to get on it with parents in the car, I didn't go for the smoke show, but the tires did spin a bit and bitch said, lets take it back hurry, the transmission is slipping. I said the trans didn't slip, the tires did. So we didn't get that car. And all I needed was to borrow $100 from pops, but being he is the wuss that he is, the wicked step mother that thinks she knows all, trumped pops, so I didn't get it. I'd also love to have an Olds Omega in the 70-72. Etiher one Ventura or Omega, and I'd be happy.

burbdood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V-10 Suburban
Engine Size
Well my Ventura has 69,876 original miles on it. I have the original bias ply spare, every registration tag from 1972 until present day, ALL work orders for regular maintenance and both owners manuals. I even have the original dealer key tag. I just wish my gramps would've been more focused on keeping it looking good over running good, because ironically enough, it didn't run all that great either. I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Well my Ventura has 69,876 original miles on it. I have the original bias ply spare, every registration tag from 1972 until present day, ALL work orders for regular maintenance and both owners manuals. I even have the original dealer key tag. I just wish my gramps would've been more focused on keeping it looking good over running good, because ironically enough, it didn't run all that great either. I'll get some pics up tomorrow.

Cool. Do get some pics. Sounds like it worth restoration though. I am just afraid to ask if this is a Montana car or not??? I am thinking rust bucket and that would be unfortuneate.

burbdood

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Truck Year
Truck Model
V-10 Suburban
Engine Size
Cool. Do get some pics. Sounds like it worth restoration though. I am just afraid to ask if this is a Montana car or not??? I am thinking rust bucket and that would be unfortuneate.

No, it's a Nevada car. But even here in Montana they don't rust up. We don't salt our roads up here. Hell, they rarely sand the roads for that matter. Besides, I only drive it in the winter if my Suburban is down for the count. Ice covered roads at -30* in that car is dicey at best and downright scary most of the time.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
No, it's a Nevada car. But even here in Montana they don't rust up. We don't salt our roads up here. Hell, they rarely sand the roads for that matter. Besides, I only drive it in the winter if my Suburban is down for the count. Ice covered roads at -30* in that car is dicey at best and downright scary most of the time.
Should be a decent builder then. Good to hear.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454

I don't think I've owned anything that wasn't dicey on ice!! :) When it's icey out it's an automatic call in to work for me and I won't be coming in. I've had too many incidents on ice mostly due to the other idiotic drivers! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
630erik1