going "Pro Street" - the affordable way!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProStreet83C10

Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
hey guys, long time no talk. Anyway, i visited with a guy on facebook the other night who has pro streeted his truck while still retaining a 100% stock frame. Ive been wanting to "pro Street" my truck for a NUMBER of years, and NEVER had considered this as an option!

It seems like a SUPER solid way to do it without any major frame altering, can be done in a weekend or two, AFFORDABLE! - no need to spend $2,000+ on a rear subframe that needs to be cut and fit to the truck, retain stock width axle etc.

Basically what this process consists of, is simply moving all suspension components to the inboard side of the frame rails, adding a crossmember to weld top shock mounts too, and some other small stuff. Ive asked for more detailed pictures as well as a "build list" etc and parts i may need to buy to make this as straight forward as possible.

Just curious if anyone else here has already done this same process that can chime in or know anyone with this process done to their truck etc. Basically anyone with ANY knowledge on this type of process please give me pros/cons, ideas, suggestions/tips etc. Im hoping to do this yet this spring!

Heres some pictures of how he set everything up and how it looks. Will post other pictures as he send em to me!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last pic is pretty dark, tried to lighten.

Anyway guys, let me know what you all think about this.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
Yep, did that to mine(starts at page 21). I should be able to answer most of your questions if you have something specific.

ProStreet83C10

Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
well, for what its worth guys, i picked this up last weekend at a swap meet, so now as money allows itll get narrowed and filled with good strange/moser/currie guts!

the person i bought it from had rigged it to be run in a G body car, but all brackets and previous welded/cut brackets will be cut off and entire housing smoothed and painted.

J Knight

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
82 Chevy
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350ci
well, for what its worth guys, i picked this up last weekend at a swap meet, so now as money allows itll get narrowed and filled with good strange/moser/currie guts!

the person i bought it from had rigged it to be run in a G body car, but all brackets and previous welded/cut brackets will be cut off and entire housing smoothed and painted.
Judging by the remnants of the original brackets, your rear probably came out of a 70s Lincoln or Thunderbird like mine. The layout is exactly the same as mine was.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Was it used in some kind of a dirt track car? It seems the current rigged up brackets are severely off to one side.

ProStreet83C10

Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
no, from what i understand it was rigged up for a monte carlo, which judging by the guys fb profile picture, is a drag car. Why its set up that way ill never know, but its all coming off regardless haha!

Ghetto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
4.1 6 Banger
One of two tiings Ford is good for. 9" Rear ends and Mustang II Front suspensions.

Looks pretty legit to me. Got to love similar performance and looks for a fraction of the cost.

ProStreet83C10

Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hey guys, been a while since i posted up here, haven't had a chance to start on the truck yet like i had planned - HOWEVER - i did find a steal deal of some wheels and tires that'll work for the build. Anyway, i picked up a set of 4 Cragar S/S uni-bolt chrome wheels, they all needed some TLC and one may need to be replaced as i think its beyond getting out. Anyway, 2 are 15x7 or 8 and 2 are 15x12. With the wheels came 2 Mickey Thompson Sportsman Pro tires in a 29x15.5R15 size and 2 very weather checked BFG radial T/As in a 235/60R15, which happens to be the EXACT tire size on my current wheels, and the tires are at best 1,500 miles old and 3 years old.

Anyway on to the pics eh?

Rears:

Fronts:

After an hour or 2 with aluminum foil and coke/water mixed heres the results. Mind you this is before any type of chrome polish was applied or any type of sealant was used on the wheels.

Cleaned:
  • Both Fronts

• Rears

Random Pics:

ProStreet83C10

Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size

Not exactly a "perfect" fit as is being i cant drive truck with rears on, however, thats why i have a Ford 9" thatll be getting narrowed as well as tubbing and swapping suspension on back side of truck!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
83C30dually