12.5 on 10's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

83kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Hi,
So I have a 83 k10, 4 inch lift and 33's. Not sure on the wheel size, 6 lug though
I think i have 10's (Ill be talking about the width when saying the 10 and 12.5)
I took a tape measure ontop of the tire and it bulges between the wheel and edge of the tire, but measuring just where the tread sticks up (Looking at it, it looks to be the same as the wheel), its 10 inches.
I want 12.5s, as i'd like to have the tires stick out a little or atleast more than now.

Can i put 12.5's on a 10 inch wheel?

Thanks!

neginfluence04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Melvin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Sub
Engine Size
Yes you can I'm running a 15x10 rim with a 33x12.5 tire.

Last edited:

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Same here, 33 12.50 swamper SSR on 10 inch wagon wheels. I really like the look.

carlgm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Truck Year
'85
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Same here, 33 12.50 swamper SSR on 10 inch wagon wheels. I really like the look.

How's the performance of the Swamper's? I'm planning to get these tires on my next change.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I wish I had been able to fully test them out, but I sold my 06 Silverado so I had to drive my square for a while. I had 2 that rode really good and 2 that i couldn't get to balance. It may have been the shop I had doing it but it seemed like they needed a lot of weights. But I had one tire somewhere that felt like it was going to shake the truck to pieces. I sold them after about 200 miles. I bought these used, so a new set may not have these issues. I went back to radial mud terrains. They look good but are very expensive to buy new. But if you wheel a lot they are probably a good choice.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I wish I had been able to fully test them out, but I sold my 06 Silverado so I had to drive my square for a while. I had 2 that rode really good and 2 that i couldn't get to balance. It may have been the shop I had doing it but it seemed like they needed a lot of weights. But I had one tire somewhere that felt like it was going to shake the truck to pieces. I sold them after about 200 miles. I bought these used, so a new set may not have these issues. I went back to radial mud terrains. They look good but are very expensive to buy new. But if you wheel a lot they are probably a good choice.

Swampers are notorious for not wanting to balance. I've been running a set on my old jeep wrangler for the past 4 years or so. For ***** and giggles I tried to balance them when I put them on the rims. Didn't work. I have the tsl bias ply swampers, for what it's worth. They're loud, rough riding, heavy, and will go anywhere I point them. Not the best on road manners, but I wouldn't run anything else on something that sees regular offroad use.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tnahaus