10 bolt gov lock help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87silveradov10

Reaction score
First Name
Garrett
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
okay guys I know very little about these g80 carriers.. But I ordered a set of Yukon spider gears for mine but once they got here I noticed they were the wrong ones...so im sending those back and now I don't really know what to do im just ready to get it back on the road but don't really want to buy a new locker for the truck right now.. should I just find a used open carrier im just not sure what will fit... any help would be great thanks!!

Gmule

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Fleetside long bed
Engine Size
I would toss that unit and put in an electric selectable unit. You can get the proper spider gears from GM but they are around 400.00 and for that much cash you might as well get something good.

On a side note if you are not changing the gears you most likely will only have to set back lash. make sure you keep the shims on the side they came out of and you might even be right on with out too much hassle.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nathanjohnson85