01 5.3 4l60e swap with donor truck in 79 square

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shtbox

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Hey guys and gals not sure if this is the right place to post my build thread but seems like a good place.I just thought I would post all my updates and findings here Incase it helps anybody else out in the future although this ls sqaure body swap has been done numerous times.Im more of a budget minded person so I guess just sit back and watch and give some good and bad feedback as I go lol.to ight I used my throttle cable from my donor truck a 01 ecsb Silverado factory 5.3 and it worked for my 79 square body!!thats awesome...tomorrow I’ll tackle the TCC brake light switch and see what I can come up with stay tuned.

Tobe's84Jimmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Tobe
Truck Year
Truck Model
Jimmy Sierra Classic
Engine Size
5.7 350
good luck with the swap. are you doing any internal work on the motor? just curious

Shtbox

Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
good luck with the swap. are you doing any internal work on the motor? just curious
Not at the moment,this is my first square body 5.3 swap so my thinking is to make the truck functional get all the bugs worked out if it then time to upgrade this motor that I put in the truck is very high mileage so it’s just a test motor really.I have a low mileage 5.3 on stand by I wanna go with head studs boost cam and a little turbo action haha.

Preston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Preston
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
What transmission are you using? I should have read the title

Forum statistics

Threads