What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Gave her a bath and ready for driving around this afternoon

You must be registered for see images

Looks fantastic! I love that color, man.

Anyway,

I got a new brake pedal rubber pad installed, license plate inserts and license plate installed, "bench bled" the master cylinder (using some short brake tubing right back into the master....too lazy to remove from the truck), and polished up the front bumper as much as it will. Now I just need to install new brake pads, front brake hoses, and re-bleed the system, and then it'll be time to tackle the engine fueling issue.

Reno81K20

Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
1981 & 1985
Truck Model
K-20 & C-20
Engine Size
350 4Spd & 350 Automatic
I changed out a front fender in between thunderstorms.

[/URL][/IMG]

Sure glad I found this set of fenders on Craigslist. Wont be needing the badges though.

[/URL][/IMG]

I had good luck removing all but one bolt. Since this fender was to be trashed anyways, It wouldn't hurt if I customized it just a bit more.

Don't worry, I will use this to replace some sheet metal in other places on the truck.

[/URL][/IMG]

Now to wait for another day to replace the door and set my gaps.

[/URL][/IMG]

Time to get the sander out. And I think that old antenna mount needs to go. Then I can use the sheet metal from the old fender to patch the hole.

You must be registered for see images attach

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Finished up changing the front brake hoses. There is nothing I hate more on a square than changing those hoses. Managed to do it without mangling the fittings too badly. Tomorrow is brake pads and bleeding along with repacking the bearings...

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Gave her a bath and ready for driving around this afternoon

I love that color! My wife hates it though, so apparently my truck will never be that color :(

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Finished up changing the front brake hoses. There is nothing I hate more on a square than changing those hoses. Managed to do it without mangling the fittings too badly. Tomorrow is brake pads and bleeding along with repacking the bearings...

Good deal! You got it done with out to much trouble?

I have been soaking mine in wd40 for about 6 months because I need to do mine too soon!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I love that color! My wife hates it though, so apparently my truck will never be that color :(

Thanks man :handshake: I didn't give my wife a choice so.... :lol: I had a short list of possible colors when I chose this one. Dark green, maroon/burgundy or this dark blue and this is what I rolled with. She definitely cleans up nice I think. I had it out quite a bit this weekend and enjoyed it :driver:

350runner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ceasar
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Went to the salvage yard Friday and picked up two Volvo fan relays, a bmw coolant temp sensor, couple fuses, and a radiator cooling fan from a 200? Crown Vic. Had it in the same day. The fan shroud was too deep so i ended up cutting the sides down so the fan motor wouldn't hit the water pump pulley bolts. This are the links i got my info from http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f12/volvo-fan-swap-1373350/#/forumsite/20623/topics/1373350?page=1
I'll be going back to find the temp sensor adaptor for the radiator hose. I have it installed currently and will say it cools way better then the factory setup. Mpg have gone down a pinch in traffic due to the amp draw the fan puts on the alternator. Hp is marginal at best. Kinda like changing the oil after it's been a while. I currently have this setup controlled by two toggle switches while keeping an eye on the temp gauge. Couldn't find the Taurus fan or Volvo fan. All in all I'd say (Don't fix something that isn't broke).

Attachments

• 20150703_1357021.jpg
    20150703_1357021.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 101
  • 20150703_1357361.jpg
    20150703_1357361.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 102

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Good deal! You got it done with out to much trouble?

I have been soaking mine in wd40 for about 6 months because I need to do mine too soon!

It wasn't too horrible. Easiest way I've found to do it is to remove the clips from the brake hoses on the outside of the frame. Then you can push the line in a bit and unscrew the sheet metal nut on the inside of the frame. Then push the line back outside the frame into the wheel well, and you can get good access to both the line fitting and the brake hose fitting.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
It wasn't too horrible. Easiest way I've found to do it is to remove the clips from the brake hoses on the outside of the frame. Then you can push the line in a bit and unscrew the sheet metal nut on the inside of the frame. Then push the line back outside the frame into the wheel well, and you can get good access to both the line fitting and the brake hose fitting.

This is really good advise. Done it that way a few times. It prevents twisting the line off.

flyboy1100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
me
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
305, 700r4??, 3.42 gears
All that to change the brake hose? Maybe I just got lucky with mine

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size

Yeah, somtimes you get lucky. Mine on my 87 came apart pretty easily. Only needed a little heat on one side. Other times not so easy.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

If you didn't twist off and break your metal line, then yes you got lucky. I've twisted a few off myself over the years. Though I've been lucky enough to know how to use a flaring tool and have just enough slack in the steel line to cut it off, reflare the end of it and use the same nut after I finally got separated from the line. It can be done.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yeah, somtimes you get lucky. Mine on my 87 came apart pretty easily. Only needed a little heat on one side. Other times not so easy.

Another tip along with the heat that I have found that has worked on some, is to tighten it a hair before you start trying to back it out.

Georgeb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
George
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Burb Z71
Engine Size
Ever had the hose blow out of the crimp from heating the fitting? I remember the day I learned to use less heat!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Ever had the hose blow out of the crimp from heating the fitting? I remember the day I learned to use less heat!

Never thought of that, but it's certainly possible. Never had it happened to me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogueakula