What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Got bored friday afternoon and decided to do a 70's clip swap on my '84 stepside. Woulda had it finished saturday morning but the rest of my weekend was spent building a giant wooden play set for my kits. But the truck already looks better even though the swap isn't complete yet.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
All that to change the brake hose? Maybe I just got lucky with mine

No I think its a slightly different setup for the 2wds. The K trucks are easier than the C trucks.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Got bored friday afternoon and decided to do a 70's clip swap on my '84 stepside. Woulda had it finished saturday morning but the rest of my weekend was spent building a giant wooden play set for my kits. But the truck already looks better even though the swap isn't complete yet.

I wanna see this!!! :popcorn:

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Got mine fired up after the carb rebuild. Lots of new paint really makes me want to keep going and complete the whole engine bay! Now I need to make the truck run correctly...

Green79Scottsdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size

Me too! Big block and a round eye front end... when can I come pick it up?!

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454

Me too! Big block and a round eye front end... when can I come pick it up?!

I only have a couple crappy cell phone pics at the moment, but the truck has very little left to tell it began life as an 80's fleetside. I changed the tail lights and made some brackets too.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I only have a couple crappy cell phone pics at the moment, but the truck has very little left to tell it began life as an 80's fleetside. I changed the tail lights and made some brackets too.

You're getting me all wet and gooey Andy :love62:

wilrab

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
My '73 K10 getting makeover

Wow where to start...

Lots of work has been going into the old girl over the past year and just got her back on the road yesterday. The original small block 350 was getting tired and in need of new life. I ended up coming across a pretty sweet engine build on Craigslist and purchased that motor.

https://www.facebook.com/mako.innov...1073741842.100008052014277&type=3&pnref=story

Engine basically came with everything except carb and headers. Thought I could use the headers from the original engine but more on that later. Purchased a Holley 670 Street Avenger to replace the old quadrajunk that was on the old motor.

I then went in search of a heavy duty K series TH350 as the one in the truck was swapped for a passenger model transmission at some point. Notoriously hard to find but I finally came across a rebuilt one on eBay and had that shipped out from Michigan. I also purchased a towing torque convertor from Summit but now that it's in I wish I had gone with a higher stall. It's been loosening up as I've been driving it around but that's something that may get swapped out at a later date.

Then I brought the truck up to my buddy's house where the fun began. Headers from the old engine were getting rusty and had to be replaced along with new exhaust pipes dumping out behind the axles. Radiator was looking pretty shabby once we started pulling things apart so that got replaced with a new aluminum radiator and dual electric fans.

Got everything up and running but there was a lot of junk in the old fuel tanks getting sucked into the new filters so I bought two polyurethane gas tanks and new polyurethane body bushings as those were rotted the F out so might as well do that while everything was exposed.

Finally got the old girl back on the road and am very happy with it so far. Still in need of some fine tuning but really coming together nicely. I'll get some pics uploaded soon.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I drove it this morning to work, followed by 8 cops, I think the Indiana farm plates throw them off being in ohio, it's loud as hell, taillight is out (gave up chasing it after 2 years) and no license plate lights, how I don't get pulled over idk, got home and shift linkage pin wiggled out, parked it (or thought I did) released brake and rolled down into the street....
Fun times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wilrab

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Here are a couple of pics I have on the phone of the new engine.

You must be registered for see images

wilrab

Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I would've gone with the brushed aluminum intake if I had picked it out but it didn't bother me enough to replace it lol. It sounds like a beast though. Turns a bunch of heads around town

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
I had to change out the door locks today.. What a pain in the ass those metal tabs are!!! But I figured since I had the door panels off it was time to make them look better and not so grandpa truck looking..

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Had a tail light out. Went to replace it and found the bulb water logged. The bulb seperated from its metal housing which took some twisting and pulling to remove it from socket. Socket is totally fine. Put in new bulb and all is well. So bloody hot outside, that it looks like I was housed down.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Here are a couple of pics I have on the phone of the new engine.

Ill trade ya!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wacky