What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Don't you remember heating up your fouled plugs on your little dirt bike or lawn mower?

Same thing

Its the same as what a self cleaning oven does. It just burns all the deposits and oil to a crisp which falls off and leaves the plug nice and clean. It still looks whitish from the ash but when you put them back in after re gapping them as well they will work as well as brand new.

If the electrodes are disintegrated then you need new plugs but as long as the v on the tip is there and the arch is good no need for new plugs.

You could test them after to make sure they work as there is always the possibility of it being a dead plug.
Nope
I wire brushed mine, worked pretty good too
Never had a torch til last year either

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Tried messing with mine, won't idle under 1000 and dies in gear, if trying to Rev it up before switching it backfires through intake and dies...Truck is about to have a for sale sign on it, it's been sitting since October

flyboy1100

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
me
Truck Year
Truck Model
k1500
Engine Size
305, 700r4??, 3.42 gears
Bad gas?

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Shouldn't be, put 5 gallons of new in it the other day and the gauge was on e

Slick_james187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Darren
Truck Year
Truck Model
Suburban c10
Engine Size
454, 7.4L
Fixed gear indicator, polished gauge lenses, and installed a tach. Thinking about what else to do today.

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images

NOPHO84K30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
1984 silverado k30
Truck Model
K30 dana 60 corp14 ff
Engine Size
454 sm465 np205
Ordered a 14 bolt rear disc brake conversation from diy4x went and got some calipers pads and rotors. Just need the rear lines from ord and ill be set.. i ordered there 14 bolt guardsmen too should be here this week. Had my a/c lines made at APAKK in phx had to be custom made matching parts up to fit.. the detriot locker and holley truck avenger havent showed up yet but there coming. Realized today how many projects i got myself into.....now just need the time to do it all..

v2500burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v2500
Engine Size
350ci
Pulled the back glass, sash, inner and outer weather stripping only to discover LMC sent me all the wrong parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Took an old "road work ahead" sign that was hanging on the garage wall, some 1" x 1" aluminum angle, pop rivets, and left over ceramic aluminum header paint and threw together a fan shroud for my fan. I was running a 16" puller and a 14" pusher that were offset front and back of radiator to cover most of the surface area. Looking at the engine side, it just didn't look right with the fan sitting on one end of the core. Now everything looks symmetrical and the one fan is pulling air thru the entire core. Until we get our 100+ temps to see how well she cools with the one fan, the pusher is staying off for the time being.
You must be registered for see images attach

Also added some thermal wire and boot protectors to help protect those high $$$.$$ wires. I took the crappy Billet Specialties valve covers off and put the old Edelbrock's back on. The billets would stain and scratch too easily so was a pain to try to keep clean.

Splandman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
That looks slightly better than the large industrial zip ties I used to help mount my radiator when I bought the wrong one and my mounts wouldn't work.

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
Took an old "road work ahead" sign that was hanging on the garage wall, some 1" x 1" aluminum angle, pop rivets, and left over ceramic aluminum header paint and threw together a fan shroud for my fan. I was running a 16" puller and a 14" pusher that were offset front and back of radiator to cover most of the surface area. Looking at the engine side, it just didn't look right with the fan sitting on one end of the core. Now everything looks symmetrical and the one fan is pulling air thru the entire core. Until we get our 100+ temps to see how well she cools with the one fan, the pusher is staying off for the time being.

Also added some thermal wire and boot protectors to help protect those high $$$.$$ wires. I took the crappy Billet Specialties valve covers off and put the old Edelbrock's back on. The billets would stain and scratch too easily so was a pain to try to keep clean.

Looking good sir! Great job on the shroud!

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks! Just trying to address a few detail issues that I have needed to do. With less than 20 bucks in it (the sign was "obtained" legally), I thought it was worth a try.

mistaake

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Truck Year
Truck Model
Crown Vic
Engine Size
Gave it a tune up and its SO much smoother. Lesson learned: 15 year old and unknown mile cap, rotor, and 3 mixed brands of plug wires in various stages of decomposition = a truck that runs like crap!

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Added octane booster....it drove down the road!!! Now who can teach me how to work the vacuum gauge so I can set my timing right

GTME94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 C6P Camper Special
Engine Size
454/TH400/14bff 3.73
Started mine after sitting for 3 and a half months. No issues. Went and picked up our boat out of storage, about a 30 mile trip each way to get the truck loosened up after sitting. Tomorrow is about a 180 mile trip pulling the boat to sell it, then in two weeks will be the same long trip pulling our new boat back. The new boat is almost 2 thousand pounds heavier so it will be a little more of a workout.

v2500burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v2500
Engine Size
350ci
Thinking about a remote start system
Any suggestions?