What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
Thinking about a remote start system
Any suggestions?
All I want is remote start

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I was thinking of this the other day
The problem with them is once they start going out they mess with anything electrical

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Got the front end all buttoned up again but something still doesn't feel right. I've changed all ball joints, inner/outer bearings, ujoints and it still seems to have a weird little wobble when turning corners. I'm thinking bushings for the springs as they are over 40 years old and if that is the case well it can wait till I put the lift on.

Discovered the rag joint needs to be replaced so will be hunting down either a steering shaft from a jeep or getting the repair kit for the rag joint. The issue is my truck is a 74 so the steering box is different which from what I have read is not compatible with the jeep shaft. Also will need to do the damn bolt tightening on the tilt column as that is horribly loose. Will need to pick up a couple of tools for that.

Welded a plate to the cab floor so that I can properly mount the seat down to the floor and will need to make the angled piece of steel for the front bracket.

Tightened up the power steering belt and no longer sounds like a cat being murdered.

v2500burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v2500
Engine Size
350ci
I've never hooked one up
I would imagine it's a remote sending unit and a receiver attached to the ignition.

It's no worse than a factory remote start and or an alarm.

Would be amazing to fire Bertha up and have her nice and warm in the winter and nice and cool in the summer

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I've never hooked one up
I would imagine it's a remote sending unit and a receiver attached to the ignition.

It's no worse than a factory remote start and or an alarm.

Would be amazing to fire Bertha up and have her nice and warm in the winter and nice and cool in the summer

It may not be a big issue on something this old, but 90s and up they will lock and unlock the doors and set off alarms since most are cheaply made, the gfs 96 Silverado has one but it messes up and doesn't want to start the next time with the ignition

v2500burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v2500
Engine Size
350ci
Anyone need an inner and outer seal for blazer or jimmy
Lmc sent wrong stuff and doesn't want it back
You pay shipping and its yours

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
Got her out a couple times and took the boys for some rides :) it was a good weekend

firebane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Curtis
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
Completed all the brackets and have the driver seat now completed bolted in. Discovered the metal in the seat is broken and will need to be fixed.

Also ordered a rebuild kit for my qudrajet with a few additional add-ons for it.

NOPHO84K30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
justin
Truck Year
1984 silverado k30
Truck Model
K30 dana 60 corp14 ff
Engine Size
454 sm465 np205
Put on the guardsmen from diy4x on. Waiting on rear brake lines to do disc swap ordered a cornwell master flare kit be here next fri

Attachments

• 20150503_160407.jpg
    20150503_160407.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 79

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I may just stay with the 350. It still shifts fine. Does leak a bit out of the rear main seal but not enough to drip.

I would too. There's nothing wrong with a Th350. I actually like the characteristics and adjustable attitude of a Th350 better than a Th400. Th400's are overkill unless you're doing some frequent or heavy towing. In fact, up to about 77 I think it was, even the 3/4 ton squares got Th350 OEM.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Got the front end all buttoned up again but something still doesn't feel right. I've changed all ball joints, inner/outer bearings, ujoints and it still seems to have a weird little wobble when turning corners. I'm thinking bushings for the springs as they are over 40 years old and if that is the case well it can wait till I put the lift on.

Discovered the rag joint needs to be replaced so will be hunting down either a steering shaft from a jeep or getting the repair kit for the rag joint. The issue is my truck is a 74 so the steering box is different which from what I have read is not compatible with the jeep shaft. Also will need to do the damn bolt tightening on the tilt column as that is horribly loose. Will need to pick up a couple of tools for that.

Welded a plate to the cab floor so that I can properly mount the seat down to the floor and will need to make the angled piece of steel for the front bracket.

Tightened up the power steering belt and no longer sounds like a cat being murdered.

Auto value has new rag joints I think it was $85 though

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Took an old "road work ahead" sign that was hanging on the garage wall, some 1" x 1" aluminum angle, pop rivets, and left over ceramic aluminum header paint and threw together a fan shroud for my fan. I was running a 16" puller and a 14" pusher that were offset front and back of radiator to cover most of the surface area. Looking at the engine side, it just didn't look right with the fan sitting on one end of the core. Now everything looks symmetrical and the one fan is pulling air thru the entire core. Until we get our 100+ temps to see how well she cools with the one fan, the pusher is staying off for the time being.
You must be registered for see images attach

Also added some thermal wire and boot protectors to help protect those high $$$.$$ wires. I took the crappy Billet Specialties valve covers off and put the old Edelbrock's back on. The billets would stain and scratch too easily so was a pain to try to keep clean.

Damn, that just makes my sticker peck out !!! Glad to see you dropping in CB. :wave:

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
CoggedBelt posted up!!! :wave: woot!!!! long time no see, man!

CoggedBelt75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Thanks HR. Yeah, I know I need to get on more often, but life ihas neen busy for us .

I was kinda proud of how the shroud came out so thought this was an update moment. All went well with the cruise-in too. 90* in the slow stop and go traffic, with the occasional heavy right foot, and she never went over 195". All in all was a good test that let me know 1 centered fanfan could do what 2 was once doing. Not over taxing my electrical system now.

And I STILL haven't replaced my stinkin' crashed computer yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RadChad