What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Pretty sure it's a kick down cable. It's a 350 tranny. I thought TV were only on 700s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya your all good then :)

WillSquared

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I have my eye on a 700 tranny though. Just trying to schmooze the guy out of it currently.

My linkages are currently jerry rigged though as I didn't have the correct hardware to hook up the cruise control when I installed this last weekend. I have it now to install this weekend.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Good deal :)

Is the 700r4 built ?

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Im going back to the TH400 on my build project starting this summer. And if I can find the parts cheap enough I might go with a 4L80e

WillSquared

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
No, I'm not running enough to need it to be built. Engine is a crate the previous owner put in with less than 5k on the clock. Stock heads, cam etc. I figure I'm done with it now that I have it looking decent under there now. I am probably going to add some electric fans.

I'm tempted to stick with the 350 tranny and I have access to a 400. But that extra gear is really calling out to me so who can say.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
No, I'm not running enough to need it to be built. Engine is a crate the previous owner put in with less than 5k on the clock. Stock heads, cam etc. I figure I'm done with it now that I have it looking decent under there now. I am probably going to add some electric fans.

I'm tempted to stick with the 350 tranny and I have access to a 400. But that extra gear is really calling out to me so who can say.

If you have low gears like 3:73 and lower then the 700r4 would be good but with 3:42 and up you will likely never even use OD much.

The only reason I went with a 700r4 was because I found a 90' model that was a brandnew GM replacement and the truck came factory with one but after driving it for the last 3 years with the 700r4 im going back to the TH400. I actually miss my TH400 over this 700r4

WillSquared

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Well the rear end in mine currently whines more than a 13 year old girl so that's next on my agenda. I was going to go with 3.73s and a posi to give me a little more kick off the line. I'd kicked around anywhere from 3.90s to 3.42s. Still haven't really made up my mind.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I like 3:42 with the TH400 and 32/33" tires. Its puts me right in the middle of torque vs speed/fuel economy.

3:73s or 4:10s would work great with an OD. Although the 700r4 has such a low 1st gear I would still want a 4L80e lol

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
You probably have tires a lot smaller than 32" though lol ?

WillSquared

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Yeah, mine are 29" I think. 255/70R15s. And the truck is more a back roads and small town cruiser. It sees the highway on trips to the inlaws which is where most of the working on it happens, but I'm not on the highway much with it at all.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Ahhhh I would stick with the TH350 or upgrade to aTH400 then much more reliable transmissions then the 700r4. The TV cable BS is what drives me nuts with the 700r4s. Just such a PITA. You cant beat the TH400 for reliability and smoothness.

Coincidentally The 4L80 is essentially a TH400 with an OD. 3/4 Of the internals are the exact same parts

WillSquared

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
I may just stay with the 350. It still shifts fine. Does leak a bit out of the rear main seal but not enough to drip.

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Ya I really cant recommend the 700r4 as it just takes way to much tinkering to get it to run right and they don't hold up to abuse very well vs the TH400 which is just a tank and almost absolutely bullet proof.

silverscottsk10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
I pulled all 8 spark plugs out and heated them till they were glowing red with my torch then re gapped them and reinstalled :)

No burnt fingers lol and found 2 plugs were fouled from my old Quadjet. Purrs like a kitten now.

Was also thinking that I should find a disc brake conversion kit for my 14 bolt SF ???
Why did you heat them??
I've never heard of heating them

MadOgre

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
NA
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Why did you heat them??
I've never heard of heating them

Don't you remember heating up your fouled plugs on your little dirt bike or lawn mower?

Same thing

Its the same as what a self cleaning oven does. It just burns all the deposits and oil to a crisp which falls off and leaves the plug nice and clean. It still looks whitish from the ash but when you put them back in after re gapping them as well they will work as well as brand new.

If the electrodes are disintegrated then you need new plugs but as long as the v on the tip is there and the arch is good no need for new plugs.

You could test them after to make sure they work as there is always the possibility of it being a dead plug.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceyman72