What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I wouldn't beat yourself up over it. Looks pretty damn good for a retrofit job. You could'a done it the Kentucky Redneck way and duct taped it up, or even Pennsylvania Redneck'ed it and used self tappers right thru the ECM to the body. :shrug:

:laughing1:

Jus Playin 89s :hidesbehindsofa:

At least I know I will be remembered lol

Posted From Hell

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Yeah, it ain't pretty, but it gets the job done. About 15 minutes with the vice to bend the steel up, and a few more to drill the holes. Spent most of my time getting the stupid cowl off the truck without mangling it. :D

Rest assured, if I fab anything for my 87', it will be nicer. :jester:

I have the factory mount and bracket. If you need them they are yours dawg.

Posted From Hell

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
I have the factory mount and bracket. If you need them they are yours dawg.

Posted From Hell

I actually had the one from my 87', but the matching "humps" on the cab weren't there. Rather than try to bend up the more complex curves I needed to do to match the factory bracket, I opted to go this route.

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
I agree. that truck looks very restorable. Would be a shame to scrap it :sad72:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
^^^^this

Posted From Hell

Unless it's just a total ass rust bucket, I'd see no reasosn not to run a $1000 CL ad on it. There are Dodge fans out there and Dodge trucks are pretty rare in that era. It's still US Iron and worth keeping it alive to someone who will love on it. Run a $1000 ad. They'll probably talk you down to $700 or $800 and take it. That way you get more cash #1, then you don't have to haul it over the scale #2 and it's someone else doing the labor.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
That's a shame to scrap that one. Is it to rusty to be worthy of restoration? You can't get $500-$600 our of it?
Just the usual rust, on the floorboards where the cab mounts are located in a low spot, nothing that cant be fixed.
I too, dont want to scrap it, maby I will do a C.L. add and see what happens, before I relieve it of anymore parts. I did pull the most valuable trim pieces as I need some of that for My W100.
Good idea there HR. thanks, now, if I can just keep the spammers out of it. LOL

El Camino Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2L
I may be talking blasphemy on here BUUUT:

Try eBay. Put it on there for 5 days and see what happens. You can give it a set price and a "Best Offer" option, and best part: No spam! No scammers! The worst thing that could happen is someone bid on it then not pay, in which case you relist it (which is generally free).
Yes... they do take a 3% cut after it sells but its "generally" well worth it.

I may be rambling for those of you who use eBay but it takes a bit to get used to

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I may be talking blasphemy on here BUUUT:

Try eBay. Put it on there for 5 days and see what happens. You can give it a set price and a "Best Offer" option, and best part: No spam! No scammers! The worst thing that could happen is someone bid on it then not pay, in which case you relist it (which is generally free).
Yes... they do take a 3% cut after it sells but its "generally" well worth it.

I may be rambling for those of you who use eBay but it takes a bit to get used to
Went in to see the Dr. today, about My prostate, it was all good{Pretty lady Dr.}.
Upon leaving, I see the widow whos husband used to own the D100.
I told Her that I had it, She was quite pleasantly surprised and wants to see it.
Her daughter, went to auto mech. tech school, She had restored three Chevelles and sold two, drove the other for a lot of years and eventually sold it too.
The widow wants to bring Her daughter by to look at it, possibly restore it too, only problem, the daughter struggles with depression, might be a good thing for Her to have something to do.
I told the lady that if Her daughter wants the truck that, I would put some tires on it that will hold air and, deliver it to wherever they want it, free, nada, zip, for money, I will even let the stainless molding that I have removed from it to go with it too.
She was even more surprised by the offer I let to Her, I told her that if nothing else that, Her daughter could remove parts and sell them, on ebay, F to F or, whatever She wants to do with it.
I even offerd to give them a hand with the restoration, if that is what they would do with it, even loan them some tools too.
So, for now, I will await for them to take a looksee at it, if they do`nt take it, I then will continue with the stripping job.LOL
so now, I wish the coil would show up for the Troy Bilt roto tiller. :rotflmao:

El Camino Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2L
That would be an awesome thing to do. Hats off to ya!

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Good Call Marty. Not sure I'd take a loss to get rid of it, but getting it in the hands of someone who will keep it alive is paramount. Next, being it can go back to the family it originally came from is remarkable and you know they'd appreciate and put alot of pride into it. Not to mention, maybe help her out with her depression. I know I sure feel better when I get to work on my ****. It helps relax the mind.

I'm not a Dodge fan at all, but I am an American Iron Auto History fan and if anyone can restore them and save them all I'm all for it, whether it be Chevy, Dodge, Ford, Plymouth, AMC, Olds, Cad, Pancho, Studebaker blah blah blah. Then you have all the little side ventures, like the Opal GT and Checker etc. Those are all American Automotive History. I'd even own a 50's or 60's Ford or Dodge pickup.

I even watched the last episode of Ass Monkey, Low and Slow to see what they'd do with that Dodge Sweptline. Yeah, they fugged it up, but at least the body is still alive and it does run well.

El Camino Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2L
I like Gas Monkey! Im sure some of it is put-on to make a good show but I liked watching him have mini-conniptions every time he had to order a part for that Ferrari F40 lol. I think I might have actually found someone who is worse with money than me!

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
I could still kick myself for not buying a 1958 Sweptside. Could have had it for $50, sitting behind my 7th grade history teacher's barn.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
I could still kick myself for not buying a 1958 Sweptside. Could have had it for $50, sitting behind my 7th grade history teacher's barn.

That would have been an excellent purchase, even if I do like Chevys better, Old Dodges is K00L, in My books anyhow.

I paid 200 bucks for this one.
I know I got all of My money back in parts I removed from it.
I still have the old parts from the W100, they will still work but they may be, not as nice as the ones I removed from the D100, I will throw those in on the deal too.
Door handles, latches, and other odds and ends. still functional.

RetroC10Sport

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
pontiac aztek
Engine Size
Yeah....My mom put the kibosh on that one. We didn't have the room with my brother's junk all over the place. And he still has junk all over the place since he still lives with her.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD

Latest posts