What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurph20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP208/4.10's
Yup since I had NO wiring at all for a radio when I first got it I just ran new wire for a couple of 6x9 in boxes behind the seat. Well this time I put some JBL 4 in the dash and ran all the wires to the stratus harness and then had the radio side adapter to my radio harness and made it removable if needed.

MrMarty51

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K20
Engine Size
Got My lazy azz under there and finished removing the right side fuel tank, hoses is shot, so is the fuel pickup mesh filter.

GTME94

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C2500 C6P Camper Special
Engine Size
454/TH400/14bff 3.73
Changed the master cylinder. Had a small leak out the back near the booster. Took a couple of tries to get the correct one. There are too many brake options for these trucks and having a camper special with heavy duty brakes makes it more complicated. Oh, also used it to tow the boat to and from the boat ramp, the job for which the entire build was for!

El Camino Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2L
Put some long overdue mufflers on it! I love the sound of true dual straight pipes, but as it turns out, other drivers don't...

chubble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe K10
Engine Size
Put some long overdue mufflers on it! I love the sound of true dual straight pipes, but as it turns out, other drivers don't...

Lol...I understand, I get dirty looks from people in Prius's and Fartcan Honda drivers all the time with my glasspacks ported out the side in front of my rear wheels. The prius drivers probly think I should die and the Honda drivers are just mad because they have to ride with the windows down because their cars are so weak they have to keep the AC off all summer in order to reach the speed limit :rocking:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I know I'm not popular with my opinion, and it's not because I'm old either. I've always liked quieter type cars. I think it's because I've always like the element of surprise and the unknown. I don't mind a deep quiet groan either and that's usually about all I'd have on a performance ride. It just seems to me, many think the louder it is the faster it is. So not even true. I love it when I can blow by some kid that's louder than hell and he can't even get out of his own way and all you'd hear out of mine is a deep carb growl. I guess I prefer quiet because you expect loud to be fast. Same reason I never got into Vette's or Camaros. Everyone expects them to be fast. Give me a Nova, Chevelle, El Camino or a truck anyday and I'd be laughing when it spanks the Camaros, Mustangs, and Fart Can Imports.

chubble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe K10
Engine Size
I know I'm not popular with my opinion, and it's not because I'm old either. I've always liked quieter type cars. I think it's because I've always like the element of surprise and the unknown. I don't mind a deep quiet groan either and that's usually about all I'd have on a performance ride. It just seems to me, many think the louder it is the faster it is. So not even true. I love it when I can blow by some kid that's louder than hell and he can't even get out of his own way and all you'd hear out of mine is a deep carb growl. I guess I prefer quiet because you expect loud to be fast. Same reason I never got into Vette's or Camaros. Everyone expects them to be fast. Give me a Nova, Chevelle, El Camino or a truck anyday and I'd be laughing when it spanks the Camaros, Mustangs, and Fart Can Imports.

I think every vehicle should sound appropriate to what its for. I don't think that a Honda Civic is a race car therefore I think its stupid when people act like they are. I think a muscle car needs to have a deep throaty growl. I better hear some turbo whistle from a diesel and an old 4x4 should be loud as ****. If its taken a beating and is still 25+ years old it aught to say get the F outta my way.

That being said, i really like hearing a truck while it accelerates but it better chill out some while your cruising or you can't hear the jams. I guess its just cuz I'm young ;)

El Camino Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2L
i really like hearing a truck while it accelerates but it better chill out some while your cruising or you can't hear the jams

That's where my truck was at lol. Going 65, you couldn't carry on a conversation with the person next to you lol. Now shes got a pair of glasspacks :) just gotta wait for em to break in...

chubble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
Truck Model
Custom Deluxe K10
Engine Size
That's where my truck was at lol. Going 65, you couldn't carry on a conversation with the person next to you lol. Now shes got a pair of glasspacks :) just gotta wait for em to break in...

I'm still breaking mine in. I can't let me brother in law drive my truck because everytime he sees it he tries to tell me he is going to blast the innards out of em with a garden hose.

El Camino Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2L
Kinda seems to defy the purpose of having them on there lol

And just wondering, when you put those glasspacks on, do the louvers need to be facing the exhaust flow (as in the exhaust blows into the glass) or where the exhaust just flows over the top of the louvers?

anubisani

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
SEAN
Truck Year
Truck Model
R/V 3500
Engine Size
454 TBI TH400 4:11 gears
You must be registered for see images

NEW GRILL AND BLACKED OUT EVERYTHING

El Camino Man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
JP
Truck Year
Truck Model
R30 Scottsdale
Engine Size
6.2L
I was thinking about doing the whole blacked out grill thing to mine. Could you stand back a little ways and take a pic? Thanks!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
bought a hinge last night to play around with to accomplish the below vvvv

You must be registered for see images attach

that truck is from sb.com but looks like a great setup!

Old77

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Jacob
Truck Year
1977/1990/1991
Truck Model
C10 longbed/R1500 Burb/R3500 Dually
Engine Size
350/350/454
August 16th I will be getting the truck licensed as an Antique vehicle which equals no more state inspections!! :rocking:

foamypirate

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jake (Mr. Wilson)
Truck Year
Truck Model
El Camino, baby!
Engine Size
5.3L/4L60E
August 16th I will be getting the truck licensed as an Antique vehicle which equals no more state inspections!! :rocking:

Sweet! That'll be nice.

I finally finished up my ECM mount properly...Initially I just used a self-tapper into the cowl area from inside the cab, but obviously that would mean the potential for water leaks into the cab past the threads (even though I used a rubber washer). Had time to get out last night and finish it up properly. I removed the self-tapper, removed the cowl and plastic shield, and installed a short bolt from the cowl side. I tacked it into place so it wouldn't move or rotate when the nut was tightened inside the cab when locking the ECM in place, and then sealed it up with silicone (yes, I'm that guy...). I have pictures, but it's nothing special...I'll post em' up when I get home for lunch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snips71