What have you done to your square lately??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Yes, Retro compass mirror from the '89 installed. And is grounded from the factory buss bar. :waytogo:

Loosing a lot of my free time I used to spend online. :(

No everything sucks :happy107:

Hmmmm, for some reason, I'm just having a little bit of trouble believing all that. :shrug:

:insane:

:rofl: Doubt I can, but if I can do something, lemme know. :waytogo:

Attachments

• Fishin.jpg
    Fishin.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 116

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
Hmmmm, for some reason, I'm just having a little bit of trouble believing all that. :shrug:

:insane:

:rofl: Doubt I can, but if I can do something, lemme know. :waytogo:

Yup, booze cruise or die. :cheers:

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Hehe, that's one of the funniest pictures I've ever seen :rofl:

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
I drove mine a bit today, installed an old school police scanner,

You must be registered for see images attach

And finally got to see what a trim ring looks like on my rally's

Still can't decide if I want to ultimately use these, my white spokes, or the original white steelies with hubcaps like it came from the factory. Also not sure if the scanner is staying or not. I may put the period correct, 23 channel cb back in.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Heyyyyyyyy, I actually get to report something !!!

While I was picking up door panels at PAP for the K1500, I actually found some good panels in blue too. I took the pouches off of them for the C20. Before and After pics on the driver side. Same as the passenger side.

Attachments

• pouches 002.jpg
    pouches 002.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 101
  • pouches 004.jpg
    pouches 004.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 83

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I drove mine a bit today, installed an old school police scanner,

And finally got to see what a trim ring looks like on my rally's

Still can't decide if I want to ultimately use these, my white spokes, or the original white steelies with hubcaps like it came from the factory. Also not sure if the scanner is staying or not. I may put the period correct, 23 channel cb back in.

IMHO, you need an old school radio and a Sun Super tach to fit right in with the scanner and aftermarket AC. Then mount the CB next to the scanner or on the roof.

bigcountry78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
James
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10 Custom Deluxe
Engine Size
Hey good eye on the AC, id like to find a gm radio for it in the near future. I refuse to cut my dash for a CD player. I have an old tach out of a 79 Scottsdale I bought mounted there on the steering column for now, not sure if its staying either. I'm somewhat indesicive lol.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Speaking of AC, when I was at PAP 2 days ago, I found a truck that the AC Box on the firewall looked to be brand new, and had the AC Delco sticker on it. The pipe coming out of the box was very clean and shiney and so was the accumulator. I'm thinking that might just be a brane new, or newer AC Evaporator Coil and Accumulator. I'd like to go back and get it for one of my trucks. I bet it wouldn't cost me but $15 or $20.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SUNUVA BITCH, my boxer just ****** farted in my office. Outta here for awhile. Damn, I hate when she does that. DAMN !!! SO Bad !!!!

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear
Speaking of AC, when I was at PAP 2 days ago, I found a truck that the AC Box on the firewall looked to be brand new, and had the AC Delco sticker on it. The pipe coming out of the box was very clean and shiney and so was the accumulator. I'm thinking that might just be a brane new, or newer AC Evaporator Coil and Accumulator. I'd like to go back and get it for one of my trucks. I bet it wouldn't cost me but $15 or $20.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SUNUVA BITCH, my boxer just ****** farted in my office. Outta here for awhile. Damn, I hate when she does that. DAMN !!! SO Bad !!!!

If you dont grab it, can you get a pic, or someone else on here. I have a 2wd cab w/ ac and ive been debating on that cab instead of my rusted out cab wo/ AC. But if i keep this cab, whats this add ac look like?

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
All 5 of my trucks have OEM AC, just that I'm thinking of getting it for a back up. I just priced Evap Coil of $79 and Accumulaor Drier is $58. Add Tax for another $10. Seems to me, about $150 in new AC parts for maybe $20.

Tyger13us

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
450hp/357cid
All 5 of my trucks have OEM AC, just that I'm thinking of getting it for a back up. I just priced Evap Coil of $79 and Accumulaor Drier is $58. Add Tax for another $10. Seems to me, about $150 in new AC parts for maybe $20.

im looking for oem mounting brackets for the ole long ac pump for a 78 style..

if i remember right the pump is on the drivers side for that year,, i got EVERYTHING except for the ac pump brackets..

and even if? i had to put the pump on the pass side? like some older cars had um? those would be ok also,, but its gotts to be for the long pump,,,, i have a few of those kind of pumps..... 2 are new........well 1 is new the other looks new.....

dont like the short fat round newer pumps? rotary ones? they fail and wont bolt up right to a 69 lt1 motor the like it was back then.....

i even have holes in my head ?!?!?!?!?!:happy175:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
im looking for oem mounting brackets for the ole long ac pump for a 78 style..

if i remember right the pump is on the drivers side for that year,, i got EVERYTHING except for the ac pump brackets..

and even if? i had to put the pump on the pass side? like some older cars had um? those would be ok also,, but its gotts to be for the long pump,,,, i have a few of those kind of pumps..... 2 are new........well 1 is new the other looks new.....

dont like the short fat round newer pumps? rotary ones? they fail and wont bolt up right to a 69 lt1 motor the like it was back then.....

i even have holes in my head ?!?!?!?!?!:happy175:

I know what you're talking about. Those biggo long cylinder type AC compressors were the best kind to have. A real PITA working on your motor with that thing in the way, but man, you wouldn't find an AC system that would cool any better in a GM vehicle.

Then of course Ford. You can't be the old Ford AC system. Damn thing would flat ass freeze you out of the vehicle. One of the other few things Ford did right. Along with the Ford 9in rear end. Ford Blue engine paint was better than GM's blue, Distributor up front of the engine etc. Ford did a few things right.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
I know what you're talking about. Those biggo long cylinder type AC compressors were the best kind to have. A real PITA working on your motor with that thing in the way, but man, you wouldn't find an AC system that would cool any better in a GM vehicle.

Then of course Ford. You can't be the old Ford AC system. Damn thing would flat ass freeze you out of the vehicle. One of the other few things Ford did right. Along with the Ford 9in rear end. Ford Blue engine paint was better than GM's blue, Distributor up front of the engine etc. Ford did a few things right.

:nutkick:

:wave:

Driver4r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Trevor
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10,c20
Engine Size
355/th350/np203, 454/th350/ff-rear

But their oiling system sucked ass.

And sorry, the only brackets i have for a long pump are Big block, and YOU NO GET THEM. :rofl: they are just to damn hard to find anymore.

SlickGTP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
Been tuning the carburetor and driving her around on the weekends... She's getting there, but I found out that my kickdown switch for the TH400 is dead. Anyone know where to get one local or am I stuck having to track it down online?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evan_emerson