radio sound?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

squarebody_1985

Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7 350
Should I hear anything from my radio if I turn the volume up but I don't have the speakers behind the seat anymore?

Last edited:

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
Should I hear anything from my radio if I turn the volume up but I don't have the speakers behind the seat anymore?
I am not making fun of you here but you do realize your question sounds a bit silly? If you don't have any speakers connected you are not going to have any sound. Do you still have front speakers? If you have front speakers but the speaker wires for the rear are still connected to the radio you need to make sure the ends are not touching each other or anything else, they need to be taped up and separated.

squarebody_1985

Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7 350
I am not making fun of you here but you do realize your question sounds a bit silly? If you don't have any speakers connected you are not going to have any sound. Do you still have front speakers? If you have front speakers but the speaker wires for the rear are still connected to the radio you need to make sure the ends are not touching each other or anything else, they need to be taped up and separated.
Non taken, I wasn't aware that there were speakers in the dash as this is my first truck.

Radiohead

That guy on the Columbia
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres

Sorry Connor, that's my sense of humor leaking past the rings. Redfish nailed it. At this point, if your factory radio still works you're in an elite group.

Are you going to replace the ones behind the seat?

squarebody_1985

Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7 350
Sorry Connor, that's my sense of humor leaking past the rings. Redfish nailed it. At this point, if your factory radio still works you're in an elite group.

Are you going to replace the ones behind the seat?
I don't know if I will right now because I still need to fix my horn and a few other things but I might.

Radiohead

That guy on the Columbia
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Truck Year
MCMLXXIX
Truck Model
C-20 Silverado Camper Special
Engine Size
454 crazy cubes, or 7.4 luscious litres
Well, those things are important too, so put tunes down to 3rd or 4th place.

Lol, I'm one of those that needs tunes in order to think. So even if it's a boom box on the seat or real, fixed proper radio, I need my aural input. Or I'm a menace on the road.

squarebody_1985

Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7 350
I broke my passenger side wing window trying to open it but a new one is like $200

squarebody_1985

Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7 350
Its been a while but occasionally when I turn the volume up it has some static while moving through the channels but other than that it doesn't make any sound.

Redfish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
350/5.7
@Redfish I got it to pick up a Spanish channel this morning for about 10 minutes.
If the speakers are speaking...then you either have an antenna issue or a radio issue.

I hope you get it figured out. Unfortunately sometimes you have to spend a little money to get the right answer.

squarebody_1985

Reaction score
First Name
Connor
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
5.7 350
If the speakers are speaking...then you either have an antenna issue or a radio issue.

I hope you get it figured out. Unfortunately sometimes you have to spend a little money to get the right answer.
I think its an antenna issue because its not the original windshield and I'm not sure if they hooked it up properly. I've only got it to work in a couple spots.