Module under Radio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

creich68

Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Burban
Engine Size
Hello all

On my 91 suburban - Does any by chance know what the white-ish module mounted on the lower dash, underneath the radio is?

I unfortunately don’t have a picture of mine, but I noticed it when removing/reinstalling my factory radio this past week.

I reinstalled the radio Thursday night and went for the first drive last night and the suburban died on me about 1 mile from the house. The engine cut in/out sputtered a couple times before completely dying and coasting into a parking lot. It would crank but not fire back up. Of course once I got it towed to a shop it started after some more cranking, but still was running a little rough. Almost like it wasn’t quite getting enough fuel - maybe fuel pump on its way out?

I’m just curious if I loosened a wire to that module underneath the radio and that has something to do with the issue.

BKING33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Truck Year
1987, 1989
Truck Model
K30, Suburban
Engine Size
6.2, 6.2 turbo
That's probably your DRAC module. This was only used on 90-91 models with the electronic speedo.

creich68

Reaction score
First Name
Clay
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Burban
Engine Size
That's probably your DRAC module. This was only used on 90-91 models with the electronic speedo.
I think you’re spot on. Googled the info and the images look just like that module I saw below the radio. That makes me feel better that I can rule that out as the culprit.

The local shop found multiple vacuum leaks around the throttle body and intake manifold. They’re convinced those repairs will solve the issue. I’m not 100% convinced (it seems more fuel related - i.e. fuel pump) but they are willing to stand by their work, and if that doesn’t fix it, the next round of diagnosis and repairs are on their dime. Fingers crossed they’re right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graymoon