Pitman Arm

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Happens to the best of us, male or female! Glad ya got it figured out! :grd:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
omg ....im such a retard! I'm at the shop looking at it and it's a the tie rod ends on the connecting rod that needs to be replaced. Looking at the pictures online got me confused looking at the 2wd arm. Sorry for my stupidness you can blame it on me being a girl! But I know excatly what's wrong now!

I wouldn't say all that. Most guys wouldn't even be able to figure it out. Good part is, at least its figured out now. And tie rods aren't near as expensive and easy to install. :waytogo:

Its about time we got a girl on the site anyway. One registered the other day, but doens't participate much. Boys, we're gonna have to watch our pody mouths a bit now, at least a little.

Lowered4Life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
no need to watch your mouth there are times when I swear like a trucker!

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
Wanna talk about retarded, I never looked at your name very close and just figured it was a crazy way to spell Daniel :roflbow:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
no need to watch your mouth there are times when I swear like a trucker!

Whew !!! Thank God, ciz if you look around some of these threads on here, you'll find that some of the lingo makes Trucker swearing look light duty. :roflbow:

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
Whew !!! Thank God, ciz if you look around some of these threads on here, you'll find that some of the lingo makes Trucker swearing look light duty. :roflbow:

What the **** are you talking about?

CknightK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
YA hotrod... shut your ******* mouth!

I was gonna say, before I read this whole thread, that the clunking might be a frame crack.. It was mentioned before but these trucks are NOTORIOUS for cracking at the frame were the steering box is located. If you wheel alot I highly suggest you get the steering box brace from offroaddesign.com..

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I'll agree with that. Better to get it befroe the frame cracks, as a support brace, rather than a repair brace. Get it.

Lowered4Life

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Danielle
Truck Year
Truck Model
k10
Engine Size
YA hotrod... shut your ******* mouth!

I was gonna say, before I read this whole thread, that the clunking might be a frame crack.. It was mentioned before but these trucks are NOTORIOUS for cracking at the frame were the steering box is located. If you wheel alot I highly suggest you get the steering box brace from offroaddesign.com..

thanks for the information. I don't think the frame is cracked. I'll double check this weekend but thanks for the info in regards to the brace! The more stuff I learn about these trucks the better :)

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
:popcorn:

CknightK10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
thanks for the information. I don't think the frame is cracked. I'll double check this weekend but thanks for the info in regards to the brace! The more stuff I learn about these trucks the better :)

yours is probably fine if you haven't already noticed it, but just given you a heads up derr... GM had a stupid steering design on these year 4x4.... another funny thing is, when you get the truck all twisted up with the driver side front wheel in the fender and the passenger side wheel dropping down you will not be able to turn left.... at all :jester: Terrible steering design.... Big fail on GM's part there

Last edited:

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
yours is probably fine if you haven't already noticed it, but just given you a heads up derr... GM had a stupid steering design on these year 4x4.... another funny thing is, when you get the truck all twisted up with the driver side front wheel in the fender and the passenger side wheel dropping down you will not be able to turn left.... at all :jester: Terrible steering design.... Big fail on GM's part there
attachment.php

Attachments

• imagesCAMF7B4V.jpg
    imagesCAMF7B4V.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 310
Last edited by a moderator:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73

Great info there CK. I was not aware of it. I know alot of things about vehicles, but never got alot into 4x4's until I wanted straight axle 4x4s. All my other 4x4's were wussy 4x4 IFS push a button, loaded, leather, seat heater, don't wanna get a scratch on it trucks, so I never did anything real fun in them. I have heard about the support bracket to get it regardless, that there are only 2 kinds of 4x4 SAS frames in GM, the ones that have cracked, and the ones that will crack if they haven't yet. So I have full intention of getting the support brackets for mine before they do crack.
Also, been hearing C4 talk about crossover steering. Does crossover steering fix this issue your talking about? It would be cool if you, and/or C4 could or would get together and do a crossover steering thread, especially if it corrects that articulation problem. :grd:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade