Overdrive

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Actually, Ford had DS drop long before GM did. But that's not important, hehe.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Actually, Ford had DS drop long before GM did. But that's not important, hehe.

I'm aware of that. When I say Dodge followed GM, I meant that they changed from PS to DS drop. Ford has always been DS that I was aware of. I've made jokes before that Ford's High Pinion DS front Axle is nothing more than a GM or Dodge Flipped over upside down. That's how it got high pinion. :roflbow:

Blackdog3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
Silverado K30
Engine Size
5.9 Cummins
Its been a crazy week, didnt have time to respond to all the responses. So pretty much a 700R4 is out.... using a dodge trans from a later model truck is a possibility but I have alot of money in the adapter plate, flexplate , starter for a gm automatic. The 4l80e is an option but i dont feel comfortable dealing with the wires and such. I got a quote for 800 bucks to build the 400 strong for the cummins. I am still gonna try to get the truck back soon so my mech can check it out. My mech still believes the guy did something wrong with the position of the Torque Converter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade