My other pride and joy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jiggity76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7 V8
I just love the body lines on those years. Get that thing going! That car deserves to be driven and showed off!

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I saw your car yesterday. Not yours, and probably not so tricked out, but the same model. I’ve never really paid attention to those before, but I know there aren’t many left. This one seemed more or less abandoned and either had a busted or stuck down window because it had the ole tarp over half the door. It was green and surprisingly straight. I should have taken a picture, but I was driving and couldn’t get my phone out in time. If I go back to where I was this weekend and it’s still there, I’ll snap a picture.

Jiggity76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7 V8
Yeah, would love to see that. There are a lot of cars out there still laying around and it's cool to see how they were left behind sometimes. It still amazes me how many old vehicles are stored away or out in the open too in this day and age. Even in a city setting, you'd be surprised in the vehicles people have held on to and just can't bring themselves to sell or scrap. By the way, is there a thread for random junk yard pics or cars that aren't squarebody related that we can post pics of. I have a ton of them.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Yeah, would love to see that. There are a lot of cars out there still laying around and it's cool to see how they were left behind sometimes. It still amazes me how many old vehicles are stored away or out in the open too in this day and age. Even in a city setting, you'd be surprised in the vehicles people have held on to and just can't bring themselves to sell or scrap. By the way, is there a thread for random junk yard pics or cars that aren't squarebody related that we can post pics of. I have a ton of them.

Maybe this one...
http://www.gmsquarebody.com/threads/salvage-pic-thread-v-2-o.19168/

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
they weren't very ambitious with the speedo were they? it's equally amusing when you hop into a little mid 90s four banger that has a 140mph speedo.
You must be registered for see images attach

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400
I have pictures here from the rust free, Intermountain west that will bring grown men to tears. I'm 99% sure the Turbo Gran Prix (mentioned early in the thread) was crushed completely intact. The only thing taken from it was the special paperwork / owner's manual that I have. It had been purchased from a used car lot straight to u-pull-it. The number of cars direct from dealers and auction to scrap amaze me. It was really bad with the 70s era cars when scrap prices went up a few years ago.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
I have pictures here from the rust free, Intermountain west that will bring grown men to tears. I'm 99% sure the Turbo Gran Prix (mentioned early in the thread) was crushed completely intact. The only thing taken from it was the special paperwork / owner's manual that I have. It had been purchased from a used car lot straight to u-pull-it. The number of cars direct from dealers and auction to scrap amaze me. It was really bad with the 70s era cars when scrap prices went up a few years ago.
Lol, funny you mention that. The local pick n pull had an Olds cutlass (one of the little front wheel drive ones) that wound up there one summer with the dealer sticker still in the window. Still all cleaned up from being on the lot. Looked to be in decent shape for a Michigan car too. No idea why it landed there.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Lol, funny you mention that. The local pick n pull had an Olds cutlass (one of the little front wheel drive ones) that wound up there one summer with the dealer sticker still in the window. Still all cleaned up from being on the lot. Looked to be in decent shape for a Michigan car too. No idea why it landed there.
Cash for clunkers???

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Don’t remind me of the scrap prices. When they were through the roof, meth heads were stealing anything not nailed down. I lost a perfect Chevelle dash, 9” rear end, set of 340 heads, set of 67 Chevelle bucket seats, front and rear bumpers and brackets for my Chevelle, and the list goes on. I think they stole things I don’t remember I had!

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
Don’t remind me of the scrap prices. When they were through the roof, meth heads were stealing anything not nailed down. I lost a perfect Chevelle dash, 9” rear end, set of 340 heads, set of 67 Chevelle bucket seats, front and rear bumpers and brackets for my Chevelle, and the list goes on. I think they stole things I don’t remember I had!

that blows. sounds like you need a malinois or a pit bull in your yard for when you're not home.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
Cash for clunkers???
Nope, this was just in the last year or two. It was stickered up like any other car on the as-is lot. Had been through detail too.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Nope, this was just in the last year or two. It was stickered up like any other car on the as-is lot. Had been through detail too.
Maybe it gave up the ghost on the lot.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Thats the only thing I could think of. Nothing special under hood, just the base 4 popper.
If it was a Duke I’d say transmission failure lol them Dukes were almost unkillable.......almost lol

Jiggity76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7 V8
they weren't very ambitious with the speedo were they? it's equally amusing when you hop into a little mid 90s four banger that has a 140mph speedo.
You must be registered for see images attach
I know right! I'm curious to see how high the speedo in the HUD will go up to when I get the car running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcuriel512