My other pride and joy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jiggity76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7 V8
That is really nice. The rust could be a lot worse, and I think that'd be a good project for someone, and it probably wouldn’t take too long to restore it to its former glory. I like the factory alloy wheels, too. I don’t think they put a wheel on any of the squares from the factory that I didn’t like.
I actually had a hard time finding those rims for my truck in my area. It took about a year and then finally found the Burb about a couple of hours away from me on CL. Of course after I bought it, they started popping up on CL like weeds.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
I actually had a hard time finding those rims for my truck in my area. It took about a year and then finally found the Burb about a couple of hours away from me on CL. Of course after I bought it, they started popping up on CL like weeds.

That’s how it is. When you don’t need it, everyone and their momma has it, and when you do, it’s nowhere to be found.

Jiggity76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7 V8
Found these pics finally, this is what the Cutlass looked like when I found it in Oklahoma. The pie alloys were peeking thru some bushes on a side street as I was leaving town. I knew it was an International car because of them...so glad I stopped and inquired about it. Very neglected as you can see and looking sad. The DOHC 24 valve fender badges were in the wrong location and she was missing the Oldsmobile badge on the front driver's side edge of the hood. This has since been remedied. The original owner also hit one of those cement parking blocks and busted up the original fog lamps. The same nephew put on some crappy fog lights in the wrong location on the bumper just to get by. I pulled them off and tossed them and put factory originals back on her thanks to the 89 parts car. Replaced the missing International trunk badge, took off that awful window vent, and replaced the broken right side grill. You can see all these fixes in the first set of pics I posted, looks much better I think.

You must be registered for see images attach

Dirty engine bay and missing intake components. They were in the trunk because the original owners nephew pulled them to get the battery out. I cleaned everything up and put a new battery and all the intake components/filter box back in. Replaced the cracked "Twin Dual Cam V6" cover with a much nicer one I found in a junk yard car.

That's all for now, I'll do some minor work/diagnosing on her when I can but want to concentrate on the 87 GMC first.

Last edited:

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You very well may have found a diamond in the rough being it is as complete and unmolested as it is. I’ll have to admit that if I had seen it, I probably just would have driven right on by. Good score.

Jiggity76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7 V8
Thanks again. Sadly, these cars are seen as just "appliances" to get you from A to B. Most people like the Cutlass's from the 60's and 70's so these cars don't really get any love yet. Maybe someday. I grew up in the 80's so that's why I know and love these cars. By the way, I like your Vette in your username pic. Is that a Z06? Very cool! The Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme was the first domestic car/manufacturer to come out with Heads Up Display back in 1988. It was only offered on about 50 Pace Car convertibles and sadly most of them were bought back from the dealers and crushed. Only a couple have survived. There's an article about it somewhere. Now HUD is available on many makes and models of vehicles including the Corvette.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vette is a 99 so not a Z06 but it is the first year for the fixed roof or “hardtop” . Z06 not available until 2001. Of course I have done a few Z06 upgrades, wheels (currently stored) Z06 mod red interior and red coil covers. This is a pic of my twin grandsons inspecting the interior for the first time back in October

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Vette is a 99 so not a Z06 but it is the first year for the fixed roof or “hardtop” . Z06 not available until 2001. Of course I have done a few Z06 upgrades, wheels (currently stored) Z06 mod red interior and red coil covers. This is a pic of my twin grandsons inspecting the interior for the first time back in October

It looks like one is inspecting/ distracting while the other one figures out how to make it go.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heads up was a option on the C5 Corvettes for the first time in 99 and was quite popular. Mine is equipped with it too. All the heads up equipped cars came with a special windshield for improved visibility in all conditions and even more expensive to replace. I wonder if that was a consideration back in the early 90’s? My seats do have the Z06 logo on the head rests but I’m not trying to fool anyone, they are just more attractive than the base black seats my car left the factory with.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It looks like one is inspecting/ distracting while the other one figures out how to make it go.

They’re both gearheads already. Their Dad has a 370Z and a Porsche Cayenne and they love to be in the garage.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
They’re both gearheads already. Their Dad has a 370Z and a Porsche Cayenne and they love to be in the garage.
My grandson is the same way. He just wants to be out in the garage with Gramps.

Jiggity76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7 V8
Oh I love the red/black interior, that is sweet! I do love that hardtop too! It's neat that your showing your grandbabies cool cars at an early age. I remember my dad dropping me off at school in Chevelles, Corvettes, and Camaro's while other kid's parents had "normal" cars. This was my favorite muscle car growing up and still my favorite to this day. Super jealous about your Cayenne by the way!

My dad's friend from work with his Nova SS. He's standing in front of dad's Chevelle.

Hard picture to take with my phone-this was the best shot I could get. My mom's Vette and dad's Jeep in the background. Dad also built this house that I grew up in.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You were a lucky kid, I love the 66 SS, I’m ls swapping a 67 now. I thought I had won the lottery when as a junior in high school my Dad bought his first new car, a 69 Dodge Charger. Oh, and the Cayenne is my sons daily, not mine but it is a nice ride.

Jiggity76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7 V8
I really like the Porsche products but I obviously can't afford a new one. Any pics of the 67 Chevelle? My dad found the 66 in a barn in West Burlington, IA back in 87. He paid $3400 bucks for it! I guess that was a lot of money back in 87. True 138 car with black buckets and factory knee knocker tach. Wasn't the original 396 but the original 4 speed and another 396 out of another 66 Chevelle SS. We kept it for about 7 years and then he sold it to a lady from Missouri who had another 66 Chevelle SS convertible and she wanted a hard top car to match. Her convertible was the same color and drivetrain as dad's car. Pretty cool and we knew it was going to a good home.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No good ones, car has been sitting in the same spot in my garage since my son drove it into a ditch 20 years ago. It’s not as bad as it looks but it’s bad enough as I had spent several years and dollars getting it to a pretty good stage. Passenger side is fine, no frame damage but this time I’m stepping up my game with suspension, transmission, brake and rear end upgrades. A long term project to say the least.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave