My other pride and joy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jiggity76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7 V8
Yeah, all those rust free vehicles in a junk yard make me sick. We would kill for any of those vehicles here in Iowa.

Frankenchevy

Proverbs 16:18
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Truck Year
Square
Truck Model
CUCV
Engine Size
Small
I know right! I'm curious to see how high the speedo in the HUD will go up to when I get the car running.

I used to see every work vehicle's speedo as a challenge thrown down by the manufacturer, to make the needle travel the whole distance. not so much anymore. although I can tell you ford limits their full size stuff to 95. sometimes you need to make it from Colorado Springs to DIA in 40 minutes.

good luck, and may the force be with you

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve seen 140 mph on the hud in the C5 in 4th gear. Of course it was strapped to a dyno at the time.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I used to see every work vehicle's speedo as a challenge thrown down by the manufacturer, to make the needle travel the whole distance. not so much anymore. although I can tell you ford limits their full size stuff to 95. sometimes you need to make it from Colorado Springs to DIA in 40 minutes.

good luck, and may the force be with you
That’s what the arrival time on a gps....a challenge to beat it.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Don’t remind me of the scrap prices. When they were through the roof, meth heads were stealing anything not nailed down. I lost a perfect Chevelle dash, 9” rear end, set of 340 heads, set of 67 Chevelle bucket seats, front and rear bumpers and brackets for my Chevelle, and the list goes on. I think they stole things I don’t remember I had!

I lost a garage full of stuff. Still really super pissed about it.

If it was a Duke I’d say transmission failure lol them Dukes were almost unkillable.......almost lol

Ha! My brother the car killer managed to kill one. But no oil at interstate speeds will do that, lol. Although, it did still run. Just with a hammering rod and a severe lack of power.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully going to pull this out this week. .030 over 350 that hasn’t been started in 20 years. I think I will tear it down for inspection and then put it back together and install in the square. Wish I had an engine test stand to put it on and get it right before it goes in the truck

You must be registered for see images

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is my daily while my wife has my Titan tied up until the Camry is finished. I have been driving it for the past week after having it in the garage for the last 8 months doing some maintenance when I had time. This car really draws attention around here as I have had two people ask to buy the car in the last couple of days.

I could use another wheel cap if anybody knows where I can snag one. The missing cap has two many tabs drone off to trust staying on going down the road. Going back out to the garage after lunch and install a new idler arm, this will be the third one as the front end geometry seem to be hard on them. The 255-50-17’s may have something a to do with that two.
You must be registered for see images attach

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I think those are the same caps used on the later fwd Impalas too. I think '91-'96 Camaro caps are also the same, just with a different emblem in the middle.

Jiggity76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7 V8
I just acquired another rare W-Body, been looking for quite awhile and couldn't believe I found this car and just couldn't pass it up! I bought it from the original owner and it's way out in Yucca Valley CA. I plan on bringing her home this fall to Iowa to keep my 91 Cutlass Supreme International company.

1993 Pontiac Grand Prix STE.

CSFJ

-----------------
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
-------------
Truck Year
-------
Truck Model
-------
Engine Size
-------
What makes the Pontiac rare?

Jiggity76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7 V8
According to the GM Heritage Center, 116,008 total production for 1993 Pontiac Grand Prix's, two and four doors.

The following information was give to me by Manic (Jay) from W-Body.com.

Only 834 STE's built in 1993.
505 built with the LQ1 motor.
100 were white with grey cloth.
1 of 2 cars built with sunroof, factory CD player, HUD (Heads Up Display), and luggage rack.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
@Jiggity76

It looks like I have the opportunity to get one of these for dirt cheap or even free. Any thoughts? It’s a ‘90 model with a digital speedo, but that’s all I know.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GrayWK