My other pride and joy.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jiggity76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7 V8
New here to this awesome site, I've posted some pics of my 87 GMC High Sierra 4x4 project. I thought I'd post some pics of my next project when the truck project is finished.

Found this car in Muskogee, OK when a CL deal for the truck project went bad. Guy never showed up for body parts that I needed for the GMC. It's a 8 hour drive one way so I definitely was going home with something!

You must be registered for see images attach

So it's a 1991 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme International series coupe. Thanks to a great guy on the W-Body.com forum (he's also on this forum but I don't remember his username, sorry) he researched that it's 1 of 1. Needless to say, it's very rare with the options that it has and the color combination. Doesn't run right now as I think it needs the fuel pump replaced and it sat outside for quite a while. I bought it from the original owner and it sat under a tree for years and was covered in sap and mold. The original owner didn't have the heart to scrap it thank god so I bought it from her in December of 2015. It cranks over strong just not hearing the pump kick on. I've replaced the fuel pump relay but still doesn't want to start up. Here's the options list and how the numbers break down.

3.4 DOHC 24 valve LQ1.
4 speed auto.
HUD (Heads up Display).
Factory moonroof.
Factory CD player.
AQ9 muilti-adjustable front powered seats.
International rear bucket seats with console.
The only International coupe built in 1991 that is white with red cloth interior, HUD, and CD player with these options and color codes.

815 Internationals had the 3.4 DOHC 24 valve LQ1 motor.
215 of those had HUD.
79 of those had HUD with factory CD player.
13 were white with HUD and CD player.
Only 1 car was white with red cloth, HUD, and CD player-this is that car.

Hope you guys like it and I'll continue to update this car and my 87 GMC project.

Last edited:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
You don’t see many of them critters any more.

Jiggity76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7 V8
No you don't, especially in my area. I bought a International sedan in WI last year for parts and I also have a 89 International coupe right now also for parts. Both cars are completely rotted underneath and are not safe to drive. Sedan got stripped and then scrapped and I plan to do the same with the parts coupe when I get the stuff I need off of it. Please don't give me too much crap for my new Ford parked next to the 89 parts car!

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
That’s cool. I agree, you don’t see anything like that anymore. To test the fuel pump, just bypass the relay by applying 12V to Pin G on the ALDL. It’s the one on the bottom left.

f6john

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Kool car. I’m sure I have seen that model before but never investigated what they were all about. The rear buckets and and console would put it in the rare category.

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Oh, wow. I know he said it, but I didn’t notice that the buckets and console were in the rear. That’s awesome!

Jiggity76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7 V8
Thank you for the kind words guys! I'm learning a lot about these cars too just like I am with the squarebody's! The ALDL is the assembly line date link right? Where exactly is it located? Bottom left of where exactly? This is new information too me so that's why I'm asking. Is it under the hood somewhere or interior of the car, fuse box maybe?

1987 GMC Jimmy

Automobile Hoarder
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500 Jimmy
Engine Size
Yes. It should be just barely under the dash by your ankles on the driver’s side where you can see it. It may or may not have a cover on it. You can test the fuel pump with it, get live data through the serial data pin, test the TCC solenoid (I’m assuming it’s a 4T60E - not privy to the FWD setups), and pull trouble codes all right there at the connector.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
Very nice car!

I can just about guarantee the member you are thinking of is @RetroC10Sport

Jiggity76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7 V8
Sweet, thanks man! It is a 4T60E. When it warms up here a little, I'll give it a shot. I post my findings.

CorvairGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Truck Year
Truck Model
C20 Scottsdale
Engine Size
292 L6, T400
I've come across some pretty cool W bodies that have been scrapped here (sadly rust free too), including a turbo Gran Prix, but I've not seen one that cool! Is the instrument cluster a vacuum fluorescent display?

Jiggity76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7 V8
Very nice car!

I can just about guarantee the member you are thinking of is @RetroC10Sport
That's him! Thank you. Outstanding guy who gave me all the info on the car and has been so valuable that words can't even express. He's the one who led me to this forum.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
No you don't, especially in my area. I bought a International sedan in WI last year for parts and I also have a 89 International coupe right now also for parts. Both cars are completely rotted underneath and are not safe to drive. Sedan got stripped and then scrapped and I plan to do the same with the parts coupe when I get the stuff I need off of it. Please don't give me too much crap for my new Ford parked next to the 89 parts car!

:Nonono: I think you want crap for the ford otherwise nobody would have known it was yours lol

Jiggity76

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
V1500
Engine Size
5.7 V8
I've come across some pretty cool W bodies that have been scrapped here (sadly rust free too), including a turbo Gran Prix, but I've not seen one that cool! Is the instrument cluster a vacuum fluorescent display?
Thank you very much! Everyone is so great here. I'm not sure if it is or not, sorry. All I know is that the Cutlass came with two different clusters from approximately 1988-1992, maybe 1993. There was a base digital cluster and a fancier one like mine with RPO code UB3. This is the base cluster.

All HUD equipped cars will NOT display the digital 0, just the bar graph mph. Non HUD cars will display the digital 0 and the bar graph. That's why mine is missing the 0 under the bar graph mph area. To my understanding, they did build one or two Cutlass's with the base cluster and HUD, extremely rare and I'll probably never see one in my lifetime.

Turbo Grand Prix's are cool, never seen one in person up close but love them as well as the STE sedan's. One of my bucket list cars. I can't tell you how sad it makes me to see any rare W-Body in the junk yard and now I'm starting to feel the same for squarebody's too, especially K5's. I have some pics from junk yards that I might post later if anyone is interested.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dhatch84