Looking to quiet the exhaust some

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gpmorgan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
greg
Truck Year
Truck Model
Engine Size
All that droning gets on my nerves. Got to get mine extended out.

spanky55amg

I'll give u $5, a hardy handshake, & 5 fish sticks
Reaction score
First Name
Spanky
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10 Short Fleet
Engine Size
V8
My tires are louder than my exhaust now and wind noise is louder also.. If you want performance quiet exhaust look at the flow rating on these. http://www.dynomax.com/super-turbo-offset-offset-17937.html

I have thought about running these as I want the 40 series Flows off of my truck. The exhaust is 2.25 and dumps before the axle. Im too old to be this loud and not going fast. But I was told that magnaflows would be quieter. Maybe Im getting too old. HAHA. And it looks like Summit has them for the same price.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Next thing on the agenda is to get the wind noise cut down. The window seals are all shot. The door seals, too.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Next thing on the agenda is to get the wind noise cut down. The window seals are all shot. The door seals, too.
See what you did? Quieted up the exhaust and now you need new rubber..........lol what's next after the wind noise is subdued???? Tires? Lol

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
See what you did? Quieted up the exhaust and now you need new rubber..........lol what's next after the wind noise is subdued???? Tires? Lol

Tires are quiet as they are. Never liked tire noise. No, I just want to hear my girlfriend better.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
Tires are quiet as they are. Never liked tire noise. No, I just want to hear my girlfriend better.
:happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175:
That's a good one, honey I need new parts so I can hear you better.....:happy175::happy175::happy175:

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I'm serious. With the way the exhaust droned, my tinnitus would get really loud after a while and I couldn't hear.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
I'm serious. With the way the exhaust droned, my tinnitus would get really loud after a while and I couldn't hear.
Man I'm just being me, it struck me funny. I too have the eternal ring but noise to drown out the ring is welcomed.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
:happy175: OK OK OK, handover your man card right now. Wrong phukin answer there dude. I was expecting something like hear the stereo or able to talk on my phone but NOT "hear my girlfriend better". WTF man?!?!?! :laughing1:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
:happy175: OK OK OK, handover your man card right now. Wrong phukin answer there dude. I was expecting something like hear the stereo or able to talk on my phone but NOT "hear my girlfriend better". WTF man?!?!?! :laughing1:
My sentiments exactly. Lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
My sentiments exactly. Lol
:happy175: We're probably gonna lose him over this one. So so many things I could say but I'm not even gonna. He might be bigger than me.

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
:happy175: We're probably gonna lose him over this one. So so many things I could say but I'm not even gonna. He might be bigger than me.
I started this the other day lol your a bit late to the party lol. And like the saying goes....it's not the size of the dog in the fight it's the size of the fight in the dog.....

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Ok, weirdo's! Just so you know, I've not dated much since I was old enough to date. Things are going very well with this chick I met. And yes, I want to hear her (and the radio).

FYI @HotRodPC , I'm 6 foot 2 and 250 pounds with 6 months of taekwondo under my belt. Watch out! :disgust:

Honky Kong jr

Super Sarcastic Man
Reaction score
First Name
J-me
Truck Year
Truck Model
V10
Engine Size
Lil BB 407
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
@Honky Kong jr , are you getting up for the day or is this your end of the day? This is my end of day and about to go sleep, lol!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshuOne