Looking to quiet the exhaust some

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Yuck! I don't like rotating shifts like that.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Glad to see you didn't get run off John. :laughing1: We're still taking about you in the Quote thread though. I'll just say, your gf better appreciate the hell outta you. You should prolly show her our **** talking so she knows how good she got it. Kinda like why I make my dogs watch those Sarah McLaughlin animal abuse commercials.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Here's an in-the-cab perspective of the exhaust. I recorded this leaving work last night. Yes, it's vertical since phone was in dash cradle and it's a night recording; so, not much to see. Just see with your ears, lol.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I don't much care about what the truck sounds like. I want to know what you're girlfriend had to say. :shrug:

:happy175:

So is this your current exhaust or your new quieter exhaust? This seems a bit loud to me. My OEM 454 exhaust, you'd hear next to nothing.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I don't much care about what the truck sounds like. I want to know what you're girlfriend had to say. :shrug:

:happy175:

So is this your current exhaust or your new quieter exhaust? This seems a bit loud to me. My OEM 454 exhaust, you'd hear next to nothing.

This is actually quite a bit quieter than before I added the 3 foot turn outs on each side and dump in line with rear tires. Before, the glass packs were dumping under the back of the cab and it droned bad. This modified setup does not drone. I imagine the phone is picking up more sound than what I hear.

And yes, the gf is easier to hear. At least the bench seat is seeing some action now! But, be careful HRPC, I come to OK quite often anymore, lol.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
This is actually quite a bit quieter than before I added the 3 foot turn outs on each side and dump in line with rear tires. Before, the glass packs were dumping under the back of the cab and it droned bad. This modified setup does not drone. I imagine the phone is picking up more sound than what I hear.

And yes, the gf is easier to hear. At least the bench seat is seeing some action now! But, be careful HRPC, I come to OK quite often anymore, lol.
I have a feeling your right. The phone is picking up more sound with a sensative mic.

I'm still not skeered. I am just a little bigger than you and have had some MA training too. My gi doesn't fit anymore but.... :laughing1:

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
I have a feeling your right. The phone is picking up more sound with a sensative mic.

I'm still not skeered. I am just a little bigger than you and have had some MA training too. My gi doesn't fit anymore but.... :laughing1:

I had MA training, too. Taekwondo was my choice. What was yours? Tai Chi?

:boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing:
:bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
I had MA training, too. Taekwondo was my choice. What was yours? Tai Chi?

:boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing::boxing:
:bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh::bleh:
Naww, Mine was more of a mix of Taekwondo and Karate. The Instructor kinda did his own mix and put the 2 together. He taught Tae Kwon Do, but preferred some Karate moves and techniques in some scenarios. He'd give us both and told why he liked one move better than the other and for those who wanted to remain strictly Taek like for competition, then he didn't want them learning the Karate moves for those who were there for self defense training. Normally he ran 2 different classes, one mixed for those whose main purpose was Self Defense and Strictly Taek for those who wanted to compete. Honestly, it's been many many years ago and I've not practiced in a very long time, like since my 1st back surgery 20 years ago.

87ChevyR10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
NA
Truck Model
NA
Engine Size
NA
Naww, Mine was more of a mix of Taekwondo and Karate. The Instructor kinda did his own mix and put the 2 together. He taught Tae Kwon Do, but preferred some Karate moves and techniques in some scenarios. He'd give us both and told why he liked one move better than the other and for those who wanted to remain strictly Taek like for competition, then he didn't want them learning the Karate moves for those who were there for self defense training. Normally he ran 2 different classes, one mixed for those whose main purpose was Self Defense and Strictly Taek for those who wanted to compete. Honestly, it's been many many years ago and I've not practiced in a very long time, like since my 1st back surgery 20 years ago.

My instructor did the same. I waz in for 6 months before I rotated my lower leg at the knee. I lost balance during a spinning kick move and sat on my left foot. I felt the bone twist inside. Couldnt put any weight on it fir 3 months. After that, I gimped. It didnt get better until I drove semi for a couple years. This all happened about 12 years ago. Sucks, because I was really enjoying it and wanted to compete. Oh well.

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
Working alot I didn't have time to do it anymore, not to mention moving from Cali to OK so I was away from the instructor. I only got involved because my dad went to school with this guy and they were on the hs wrestling team together in the 60's. We dropped by his studio one night and watched. I like it enough he told me to buy a gi and show up. FREE classes. Then the back injury and surgery lost alot of range of motion, then with age turning into a lard ass doesn't help either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
texdave