Exhaust Shop Recommendations - Charlotte NC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nbkk43f

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Hey folks - I'm located in Charlotte, NC (Huntersville, NC specifically) and looking for a good exhaust shop near by to finish up the install on my 1977 c10. I have it completed from the headers (2.5" stainless, x-pipe) to the mufflers and wanted to take it in to finish routing it over the rear axle and out back...rear axle flipped, but plenty of room to route it. Nothing fancy, budget friendly.

I'm not against wrapping it up myself, but would like to establish a relationship with a shop for future projects - I have 2 other c10's (72 and 71) that I'll need done in the next 12 months.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

nbkk43f

Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
Ha ha - well, I feel like you're making me highjack my own thread, but I'll indulge...

77 - it was a mess, did floor pans, rockers, cab corners, cut the bed and chassis down from a LWB to SWB. Started out as a "quick flip" - well, it ended up going a little further than that, fell in love with the lines on the square bodies and I'm keeping it as a solid driver.

You can see the front of the 72 (big block truck) in the background, same story, new floors etc. etc...also started out as a LWB - my very first "project" truck, full ride tech suspension - body is here and there, all ready for final high build blocking etc. I bought a 69 as a daily driver while working on the 72 and well, the 72 sat, then I bought another and another (one being the 65 c30 dually in the pic, straight six, 4 speed), and the 72 is still sitting :( You can also see the rear of the 71 c10 in this pic.

You must be registered for see images attach

Here's another pic of the 77 after I shrunk it down to a SWB. 65 and 72 in the background. That pic of the 77 is before I did anything else to it, just test fitting and getting a look at it as a SWB before tearing it down (I was still in "quick flip" mode at this point and swore I wouldn't be removing the cab).

And back to my original post - a pic of the 77's exhaust mocked up - I ended up ditching the factory cross member and put in an aftermarket one.

And here are a couple of pics of the 71 - it's my next priority. The 77 is about wrapped up at this point and ready to be put back on road. I'm not keeping the 71, it's getting sold - same story as the other ones, metal-wise - I put in new floor pans, rockers, cab corners, kick panels, etc...

Well, there you have it - now will someone advise on a reputable exhaust shop in my area :)

Again, thanks in advance!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistafishe