Is this a good deal

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
5.7 Fuel injected Vortec/ 4L80E
I have a TH350 with a NP203 guy is wanting to trade me a kenwood amp and a sony 12" sub in a box? The sub is a 1200 Watt and the amp is a 500 Watt
You must be registered for see images

attachment.php

Attachments

• SUB and AMP.jpg
    SUB and AMP.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 190

83K5guy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Truck Year
Truck Model
K5 Blazer
Engine Size
No to me I believe your th350 and np203 are worth more if they ate working condition

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I wouldnt do that trade at all. Tell him add $200 bucks then do it.

towman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
jay
Truck Year
Truck Model
v10
Engine Size
i know i wouldn't trade for that

crazy4offroad

Equal Opportunity Destroyer
Reaction score
First Name
Curt
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-10
Engine Size
350/SM465/NP205
Good deal, I would go for it even though I hate messing with used electronics. People usually get rid of them for a reason (buzzed out sub, skipping CD player, burnt channel on the amp, etc).

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
I don't see it being worth it. That sub is kinda cheap I think and the amp aint the most expensive either. They are ok but not great for subs unless it's a mono block or class d sub amp.

Plus it's max power, rms is what counts, same for the sub.

If you want a little bump I'd get it, if you don't need or want the trans and crap anymore.

I would think yours is worth more.

Not no $200 and his stuff more, but maybe his stuff and $100 or so.

I'm gonna start calling Dave Mr. buy low and sell high LOL.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
I honestly Do NOT need this Trans and Transfer case, I will never be able to use it, toooooo old for me, I originally had it on Craislist for 100.00 and no one wanted it.

I know absolutly nothing about stereo equipment, I have never had anything more then a CD player and a few cheapo speakers, I just want something that will sound GOOD, doesnt have to be the loudest system by any meins.

I also figure that with everything else that I want to do to the truck that the system will take last place, meaning I wont spend any money on it when theres other things to do, so my thinking was that if this set up would sound good then i would be money ahead doing a trade, afterall it isnt anything that I need it just takes up space.

davbell22602

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
I Dont
Truck Model
Have
Engine Size
One
I honestly Do NOT need this Trans and Transfer case, I will never be able to use it, toooooo old for me, I originally had it on Craislist for 100.00 and no one wanted it.

I know absolutly nothing about stereo equipment, I have never had anything more then a CD player and a few cheapo speakers, I just want something that will sound GOOD, doesnt have to be the loudest system by any meins.

I also figure that with everything else that I want to do to the truck that the system will take last place, meaning I wont spend any money on it when theres other things to do, so my thinking was that if this set up would sound good then i would be money ahead doing a trade, afterall it isnt anything that I need it just takes up space.

Have you heard the speakers and amp yet to see if they actually work?

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
Have you heard the speakers and amp yet to see if they actually work?

no he lives a few hours away, But he said he could help me hook it up, so if hes willing to help hook it up then Ide say everything works the way it should.

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
no he lives a few hours away, But he said he could help me hook it up, so if hes willing to help hook it up then Ide say everything works the way it should.

Good, make him hook it up and make sure it works, that way. That way you get free labor out of it.

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
I dunno if I would do it. Used stereo stuff rapidly drops in value, your tranny and t-case have seen their total amount of depreciation already. If you think you will use the stuff right away and get some use out of it, then it's not a bad deal. But if you think it will mostly just sit around waiting to get used, then not so much a good deal.

I've got a few random subs, amps, cd players and whatnot... I've offered it all up for sale before and determined it was all just about worthless now.

Irishman999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Truck Year
Truck Model
K-1500 High Sierra
Engine Size
I would actually jump on that trade.

Reason I say this is I have 2 transmissions sitting in my garage I cant get rid of. They are only worth 150 bucks when someone needs one, and until someone needs it I will continue tripping over it in my garage. As a matter of fact, I was in Napa and some guy was trying to sell me HIS transmission.

oneluckypops

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Luke
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30 SRW
Engine Size
I dunno if I would do it. Used stereo stuff rapidly drops in value, your tranny and t-case have seen their total amount of depreciation already. If you think you will use the stuff right away and get some use out of it, then it's not a bad deal. But if you think it will mostly just sit around waiting to get used, then not so much a good deal.

I've got a few random subs, amps, cd players and whatnot... I've offered it all up for sale before and determined it was all just about worthless now.

Well I plan on having him hook it all up when he brings it so It will be in use right away.

I would actually jump on that trade.

Reason I say this is I have 2 transmissions sitting in my garage I cant get rid of. They are only worth 150 bucks when someone needs one, and until someone needs it I will continue tripping over it in my garage. As a matter of fact, I was in Napa and some guy was trying to sell me HIS transmission.

Exactly, hell I tried to sell the Transmission with the Transfercase for $100.00 and couldnt sell it, Yea its worth more then that with it being a rebuilt TH350 but IMO the Transfercase isnt worth more then Scrap Prices TO ME anyhow, I have no plans on ever running a Doubler nor do I plan to run another Fulltime 4X4 set up.

EDIT: Now if it was my SM465/ NP205 Transfercase set up theres NO WAY IN HELL I would make the trade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade