I am looking for pictures of trucks with minimal lift for a large tire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swims350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Truck Year
Truck Model
K10
Engine Size
none
not a prob.

elsurfo10

Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
383 Stroker
hey laird where are u from on the eastern shore. that truck is badass. i just put an 8 on mine over winter and some 39.5 tsls i have no clue how u fit them in there haha
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Laird006

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
408ci
hey laird where are u from on the eastern shore. that truck is badass. i just put an 8 on mine over winter and some 39.5 tsls i have no clue how u fit them in there haha

I live in Hebron, i dont think i've seen your truck in OC though, i'm usually down there a couple times a week for work

elsurfo10

Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
383 Stroker
yea i dont drive it everyday i get about 6 mpg so i try not to too much. i switch over to some 36s on black rims too so i may look a little different i kept gettin pulled over by one cop so i had to change it up some

Laird006

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
408ci
yea mine usually rides on 37s but its really a mud bog truck so thats what the 44s are for

89Suburban

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Name
Paw Paw
Truck Year
Truck Model
Chevrolet Tahoe LT
Engine Size
5.3, 4WD
yea i dont drive it everyday i get about 6 mpg so i try not to too much. i switch over to some 36s on black rims too so i may look a little different i kept gettin pulled over by one cop so i had to change it up some
What the cop say, bumpers too high?

Mr Clean

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Truck Year
1982 & 1985
Truck Model
K10 Extra Cab w/ Proper SWB, & 85 K5 Blazer
Engine Size
454 BBC, & 383 Stroker
i think this fits the description.

I think I'm in love.:love62:

elsurfo10

Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Truck Year
Truck Model
k20
Engine Size
383 Stroker
yea i have it tagged historic so he shouldnt have bothered me to begin with. it was one of those worthless local young cops trying to bother a kid basically. ive past countless cops and he was the only one to bother me, went to court and the judge didnt even want to hear about it and threw it out hah.
Laird wheres your front shaft? i didnt use 4wd for a whilr because i never got around to grinding down the joints but finally did it. you have a full sprung 8 inch?

Laird006

Reaction score
First Name
John
Truck Year
Truck Model
V20
Engine Size
408ci
yea i have it tagged historic so he shouldnt have bothered me to begin with. it was one of those worthless local young cops trying to bother a kid basically. ive past countless cops and he was the only one to bother me, went to court and the judge didnt even want to hear about it and threw it out hah.
Laird wheres your front shaft? i didnt use 4wd for a whilr because i never got around to grinding down the joints but finally did it. you have a full sprung 8 inch?

shaft is in now. was having it made longer.

WHEELMAN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
BILL
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
454 v8
i think one of my chevy trucks i had years ago..i put 31x15,s on it with no problem..you can go with big and tall-or big and wide..i know they have a bumper height law..probably in every state...big tire laws too

but people still get inspection stickers..in VA some of the guys were bagging there vehicles.to be able to save there selves..on the bumper deal.when they needed too.

so in the late eighties..VA passed a law.saying.any vehicle..altered from the way it was built and came from the mfg would have to be put back..at owners exspense..

but VA cops..decided not to force the law..but.it is a law.that they could use against you.if they wanted..what i seen is..you are ok.with what ever..until you start cruising...

where there is jams and or lots of people..one place they would hit you..big time.would be on the.streets..at the beaches..every body cruising.they worry about people getting hit - hurt-and law suits..

then cops can do the..defective vehicle parts-wrong parts..

bad tires-wide tires-wrong head lights-or tail lights-in VA.i know it used to be 50 dollars..per item..wrong exaust..decals..on your windows..window tinting..

crap on the dash..i am surprised..they do not give out tickets..for bumper stickers...

a lot of times.the first thing a cop does.is.try and find out.what you know.so he knows.what he can get away with.this happend to a friend of mind.in VA coming back from the lake.

cope pulled him and first thing.cop says.i pulled you because.your tires are too wide.my friend.got in his face.and said.f--ck no they are not..a few more words..and the cop dropped the tire thing..

but he did look the truck over.and my friend had one of those ford.decals.across the top of his windshield..he gave him a ticket for that.even though my friend..pulled it off..

50,00 ..some cops are ok..a lot are ass holes..some are crooked as the day is long..a lot of them..but.how would you..be if.you were in a city..where you delt.with the scum of the earth..every single day.

they deal with some scum..in some citys across this country and it is getting worst.

Last edited:

Christian Nelson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Truck Year
Truck Model
K15
Engine Size
Wish I had pics, we shoehorned some 38.5x16x16.5 Upser Swampers under a 77 Chevy with nothing but a 3" body lift when I was in my 20's. Thing looked awesome, and did just fine in the mud.

I'll admit it worked a bit better with the 35's under it, but with 4.56 gears the thing would scream going 55 with anything under 36" tires! The 38's made it much more highway friendly.

Another truck I had with a 3" body lift we stuck 36" buckshot mudders under it, and it was fine. I have some pics of that one, but I'd have to scan them in.

I always used the "tires will make their own fender trimming" method of making sure they fit. ONly had the 38.5's rub a few times while turning on a hard bump in the mud. Back then, they were just rusty old beater trucks.. If a fender got dented, and wasn't already, well it just matched the rest of the truck then!

builtnotbought

Reaction score
First Name
mike
Truck Year
Truck Model
k2500
Engine Size
6.2 diesel
stock k2500 on 37 mtrs

You must be registered for see images
just bought my new truck its a 86 gmc k2500 high sierra its stock hight on
37'' mtr's its still in the making the problm is i cant turn yet.

Last edited:

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
You must be registered for see images
just bought my new truck its a 86 gmc k2500 high sierra its stock hight on
37'' mtr's its still in the making the problm is i cant turn yet.

Welcome Built.. Old thread here, but find you a thread in the proper category, or start up and intro thread and post of some pics. I wanna see this K2500. I've got a K1500 and a K10. One of them is getting 3/4 ton axles soon, unless I can find a K2500/20 or K3500/30. We like lots of pics around here and have plenty of space for them. Pic ******* is welcomed too. :grd:

79K10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Truck Year
Truck Model
C10
Engine Size
350/th350
stock height with 35's, fenders cut a little bit...
edit- i just saw how old this thread was. lol

HotRodPC

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
HotRod
Truck Year
85 K20 LWB
Truck Model
Silverado
Engine Size
454 - Turbo 400 - 3.73
NO Thang !! We don't mind pic threads being woke up from time to time. Someone or a newbie will benefit from it. :waytogo:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmeade