Looking for pictures of 16" wheel/tire combos on your lowered truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wax13

Reaction score
First Name
Wax
Truck Year
Truck Model
c10
Engine Size
I bought my truck last year and it came with these aftermarket 16" wheels. The tires are 245/75R16. The diameter is 30.5" and width is 9.6".

As soon as I got the truck i flipped the rear end and cut some springs (don't judge, I'm building a '51 5-window and didn't want to spend money on a 2nd truck....YET). Anyway, after flipping and cutting a coil and a half, I wanted the back up a little more than it was so I picked up some air shocks and probably added an inch or so.

This is how it sits today....

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm happy with where it's at right now, and it actually rides pretty good. Way better than I expected, but man do the front tires rub the inner fenders A LOT. I knew they would here and there, but not this much. I even retrofitted a set of 73-80 inner fender wells to see if it would help. It did a little bit, but not enough.

Where I am right now is thinking about losing a few inches of overall wheel/tire diameter. So that's why I'm asking for pictures. I'm afraid if I go to something like 27" diameter, it'll look weird. I was hoping to get some pictures of 16" wheels with 27" and 28" diameter on a lowered truck to get an idea what I want to do. Thanks in advance!

*****bonus unrelated picture of the 51 I am currently building*****

Scott91370

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Truck Year
Truck Model
Sierra1500
Engine Size
I don't have any pics to help but that 51 is bad$$!!!!

I think if you went down to a 245/65 it would give you 1" less sidewall which would still look good and give you a lot more room under there.

JChevy87R10

Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Truck Year
Truck Model
R10 Fleetside
Engine Size
I bought my truck last year and it came with these aftermarket 16" wheels. The tires are 245/75R16. The diameter is 30.5" and width is 9.6".

As soon as I got the truck i flipped the rear end and cut some springs (don't judge, I'm building a '51 5-window and didn't want to spend money on a 2nd truck....YET). Anyway, after flipping and cutting a coil and a half, I wanted the back up a little more than it was so I picked up some air shocks and probably added an inch or so.

This is how it sits today....

I'm happy with where it's at right now, and it actually rides pretty good. Way better than I expected, but man do the front tires rub the inner fenders A LOT. I knew they would here and there, but not this much. I even retrofitted a set of 73-80 inner fender wells to see if it would help. It did a little bit, but not enough.

Where I am right now is thinking about losing a few inches of overall wheel/tire diameter. So that's why I'm asking for pictures. I'm afraid if I go to something like 27" diameter, it'll look weird. I was hoping to get some pictures of 16" wheels with 27" and 28" diameter on a lowered truck to get an idea what I want to do. Thanks in advance!

Yours is a little older than mine but our height looks very close. Unfortunately for me, I was not the one who lowered it(it was my grandfather and he's been long gone) so I don't know if they cut coils or what.

I know I got 15s on it, i believe 235/75s and they rub when I hit a U r a hard turn. Worse doing the U.

This is mine. I'm at work so I don't have a side shot available like yours. I'll drop it when i get home but we look about the same drop

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
85sqbod