tire options for a K30 dually with 4'' lift. i

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rex Caron

Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size
im putting a 4' lift on my 30 and am looking for some insight on my tire options..ive done some looking and 255-85-16 and 9.00-16 are about all i can find to keep it tall and skinny but dang both are expensive. im just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. my flat bed is just as wide as my duals now so i dont wanna go with wide tires. ive always liked the tall and skinny look and i need to keep it that way so they arent sticking outside my flatbed slingin crap everywhere.

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size
Are you looking for a street tire , highway traction tire or an all terrain or a mud tire

bucket

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Truck Year
'77, '78, '79, '84, '88
Truck Model
K5 thru K30
Engine Size
350-454
The two sizes mentioned are about the only thing available for tall and skinny, in the 33'-36' range.

Rex Caron

Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Truck Year
Truck Model
K30
Engine Size

MarineOne im looking for an all terrain. i have swamper irok nd's on it now and man let me tell you those things dont last long. so im just gonna go for a good all terrain. street tires would prolly just anger me first time i got stuck​

MarineOne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First Name
David
Truck Year
Truck Model
K25
Engine Size

MarineOne im looking for an all terrain. i have swamper irok nd's on it now and man let me tell you those things dont last long. so im just gonna go for a good all terrain. street tires would prolly just anger me first time i got stuck​

Yeah I hear you on the iroks had them a few years back.

A sick 255-85-16 that's awesome for towing and tire life 40k miles or more is the Toyo m55 it's a commercial traction tire

Falken wildpeak is a great option that's probably a 35k Mile tire and is more of the offroad mud style but wears like an all terrain (quiet too)

For a true allterrain in this size the cooper st Maxx is about the only option I'd recommend

I've had all 3 tires all work great. Just depends on what truck is used for majority of the time.
tow and haull heavy I'd go m55 (used these on a 1 ton dump

Daily but get into some mud I'd go falken wildpeak mt

Daily but rarely get off pavement then cooper stmaxx is for you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeD